Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianJSmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 27

Re: Webmail password changed, Client access has not

Thanks Robbie

Sorry didn't catch your name first time round.

regards

Brian

0 Ratings
BrianJSmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 27

Hi Robbie

Outcome of call at 15:20 today.

I confirmed that I have previously uninstalled client apps and reinstalled and recreated email account on PC and mobile and still having to login using old password.

They need 48hrs to look into it.

Brian

0 Ratings
mikewood61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 27

I am experiencing a similar issue and am literally at my wits end.

6 Weeks ago my ipad and Iphone stopped receiving e.mails from my btyahoo e.mail account.     I recieved the infamous incorrect password issue. I contacted the helpline.  They reset my password this then stopped my imac from sending and receiong e.mails.   On each device the error is"incorrect password"   I know it is the correct password as I can obtain m.y e.mails using web access.

Weeks have passed with no solution other than today bieng told by the bt help desk there is no such thing as bt yahoo!!!  There is only bt mail or yahoo which is nothing to do with us.  Then I am told to leave it for 7 to 10 days before tryong to log in using my client application outlook.

I have as advised deleted the accounts from my devices.

If I try to login using the ast up on out look it says incorrect password.  when i sel;ct I have forgotten it takes me to the "OLD" way of changing you e.mail password which is register.btinternet.   following the prompts yiou get to the final page where it says wait two minutes BUT if you select Finish nothing happens.

I tried to see if Yahoo could help.   Yahoo saymy password has not been changed since last Septemter which is clearly not the case.

It appears there is a **bleep** up between my by id which is my e.mail and my btyahoo account which is also my e.mail.address.

i am literally at my wits end.  My wifes account which is a sub account is working just fine now afeter glitch of some hours.

How do I escalate the case.  The teamin Bangalore CLOSED the case yesterday making me concerned as it appears that they can cleary do this when the matter is still ongoing.

0 Ratings
BrianJSmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 27

Hi Mike

I really do sympathise. Apologies if I have misread but from your entry I believe you are now unable to login using client apps. You are assuming as I did initially that you should use your current password. If you can remember it try logging in with your previous password before you changed it. You may be lucky and get to the stage I am at, at least able to login, although you need to keep tabs on two different passwords. If you are able to login you will find you get to your current live inbox and not some static one. 

You also mention the BTID change to email address. I suspect that my problem started last October when I was forced by the system to change my BTID from basically a name to an email address. I tried using a sub account email (for security reasons) but was only allowed to input my main account email. This I did and was able to login to BTID using main email address and the password I had for BTID. So good so far. The problem started when I tried to login to my main email account, the system would not let me in. After several tries I suddenly thought of trying the BTID password and voilà was able to login. So the system (not I) had changed my main email password to the (different) password I used previously to login to BTID. After all this hassle this was how I left my password until 3 weeks ago.

Good luck. Brian

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 27

Hi @mikewood61

The helpdesk are a complete waste of time, they don't know anything and invariably give the wrong advice.

Password change and deleting from app/clients is most definitely not the things to do in the general case.

However, due to the problems you have had - I am going to suggest changing password.

Now the link, which you know by now, is :-

https://register.btinternet.com/cgi-bin/chpasswdsso

the password will be changed when the page returns to give different information. I've just tried it, and it actually times out at the time of this post.

Rather than waiting 2 minutes, wait at least 15 minutes before trying apps/clients. Webmail should work straight away.

If webmail shows a Yahoo image, then your account is BTYahoo.  If so, try :-

https://mail.yahoo.com

that has been known to kickstart apps/clients.

There is a sync problem between the BTiD and the email password change, so best to do it separately as above.

0 Ratings
mikewood61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 27

H Andy_N

Thankss for the advice.

I have as you say been trying to change the password using the register page as shown below.  As you say when you get to the Final page and press finish NOTHING happens.  I have left the page overnight to return to find the message says due to a technical error your command could not be carried out.   I have then logged in via webmail and found it has updated my password.   Despite leaving it 12 Hours not 2 minutes the client message is still incorrect password on outlook using imac or iphone.

In addition, My name is obviously Mike however in the account section it shows may name as "ARRAY"  Goint to ssettings, accounts and then looking under my e.mail address shows my name as Mike.  Nobody at BT can explain why nor change it.

https://register.btinternet.com/cgi-bin/chpasswdsso

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 27

Can you say how you're getting the name ARRAY? I'm not exactly sure how you get to the "Account section" you're referring to.

Is this logging in via https://mail.yahoo.com ?

0 Ratings
mikewood61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 27

Hi

yes.  When I log i see my e.mails.  Top right hand corner shows the menu in the top right hand screen

Three options BT Home symbol, User name and then the help cog wheel

0 Ratings
mikewood61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 27

Re: Unable to access Btyahoo email account after changing password

same issue but into my 6th week.  BT told me on Friday there is nio such thing ay BT yahoo the case is sclosed.  Then i complained about that and told I will get a call Saturday.  No call forthcoming.  Complain again told no the call is scheduled for Sunday.  Guess what no call.

It needs someone in authority there to resolve it.  This isnt a set up issue at my end as my wifes e.mails are working finre and mine were until the flipping issue BT are aware of

BrianJSmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 27

Having received call from Yahoo on Friday, told they would need 48hrs to look into it, its now another 48hrs (96hrs and counting) from that deadline and no contact back from them. It really is becoming a joke. It's just a delaying tactic and I do suspect nothing is done.

0 Ratings