cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

What email address should log in with when I want to send an email from one of my new addresses?

Go to solution

I set up two new email addresses recently with the help of @NeilO@RobbieMac  and another expert whose name I've forgotten for the moment.

I had a "use it or lose it" email today for one of the names from btcommsATinfo.bt.com but I can't get to the account to open the mailbox.

How can I access the mailbox for the name in question, please?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: What email address should log in with when I want to send an email from one of my new addresses?

Go to solution

The other expert who helped me was @DarrenW . 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Re: What email address should log in with when I want to send an email from one of my new addresses?

Go to solution

Hi @Taffy078 

Thanks for posting back!

I'm sorry that you're receiving that email about one of your mailboxes.  Usually this happens when you haven't accessed the mailbox in question in an extended period of time.

I understand you're unable to log in to the mailbox.  You'll need to reset your password to gain access.  Try this link and post back to let me know how you get on ----> Forgotten your login details?

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks Robbie. I've reset my password but how do I now open the mailbox of the username about which BT emailed me? Will it show when I now go to emails?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

You login using that username and associated password at the login screen https://home.bt.com/login/loginform?TARGET=$SM$https%3A%2F%2Fsignin1.bt.com%2Fbtmail%2Fsecure%2Femai...

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

I followed that link and entered my password but it was rejected. I'd only changed that password a few minutes earlier because my original password was rejected but even that password isn't accepted.

So I've tried logging in with my email password and the password for the profile whose mail account I'm trying to access. The password for the latter has been rejected but there's no "forgotten password?" option & it's rejecting my new password as well.

The strange thing is that I'm seeing the warning that if I use the wrong password three or four times my account will be suspended for a short period. But I've had my password rejected nine or ten times and it hasn't locked my account. What should I do next please? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Which password did you change. Each email address has its own password, you have to use the right password that is associated with the email address.

The link I posted has a forgotten password link, its called Forgotten your login details.

changepwd.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Assuming that the email address is one of your email addresses and is associated with your BTBroadband account and was not "gifted" to another person, you should be able to access the email account via your MyBT.

You should log onto your MyBT in the usual manner then go to "Your Products" then "Email, Manage". This should show all the email accounts associated with your BT Broadband account.

Look for the email account you want to access and assuming it is showing there it should show its status as "Active". If you click on "See Options" you will be able to change the password if you want to do that.

Failing that, if you have made your "main" email account your "Favourite" you can click on your the box "Go to  favourite Mailbox"  and you should be able to access the email account from there.

Once in the Main account if you click on your username it should give an option to switch accounts and the email account you want to access should be showing. Click on it.

If it takes you to that account and you want to change its password, click on the username at the top right then go to "Account Info" and select "Change My Password" and follow the prompts.

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hello, @gg30340 . I followed your advice and struggled at first but it was because the account of one of the names was locked. (I did mention earlier that I couldn't understand why it hadn't been locked because I'd failed to log in lots of times.) That was easy to resolve and I was able to access the mail box.

I repeated the exercise for the other new name and also for my late wife's account *** and all are now working.

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks.

*** PS I found that the InBoxes of all three email accounts have dozens of junk emails in them so in a day or two I'll deal with that problem.

0 Ratings