cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

What is the maximum email send limit?

Go to solution

The Help section on email says there is a maximum send limit on emails but does not specify what it is.  It suggests that if you fall foul of it you could get round the problem by breaking the larger email list into smaller groups but does not specify the maximum size of the smaller group.

I'm the Membership Secretary of an RN veteran's organisation and once a quarter I have to email our newsletter to just short of 300 members and I would prefer to know what the limits of the smaller group are before I start sending emails to our members.

Hope someone can help

TIA

Joe

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: What is the maximum email send limit?

Go to solution

Hi Joe

I have been doing the same for the local resident's association for ~3 years and have kept the number to 30 as research established it is not many more! We do use MailChimp for routine communications but you cannot attach a document and have to give a hyperlink to your or their website which we would prefer not to do.

The other thing to watch out for is things which set off the spam filters both at BT and the recipients. Plain & simple text seem to work well.

Hope that helps.

Tim

If you

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

The limit is 49

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks for the quick reply Tim and the suggested limit. I previously used MailChimp (and a few other free bulk emailers) but MC got increasingly complex and restrictive so I was looking to use my standard BTinternet address.
Joe
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks liquorice/Distinguished Sage, I'll give that a go.
Joe
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Joe91wrote:
Thanks liquorice/Distinguished Sage, I'll give that a go.
Joe

If you've got about 300, then you'll need (more than) 6 groups of 49 people - and need to manage.

If you can set up a relevant gmail address, then the limit can be up to 500 in 24 hours, with possibly more if setting up special groups.

(I think the 500 limit applies to web based interface rather than mail client).

0 Ratings