cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ukjmr
Message 1 of 5

What's the cheapest way to retain my email address?

Go to solution

Hi,

The pricing for BT broadband/TV got far too high for me, so I've opted out.  I am happy with my email service though.

What's the cheapest way for me to maintain my email address?  If the answer is to use the premium service, does the option to sign up only appear when my current contract ends in a few days?  I don't want a gap in service if possible.

Finally, is there an option for a redirect?  That is, if I were to set up a new account, could the BT mail servers bounce incoming to a new address?

Thanks

James

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: What's the cheapest way to retain my email address?

Go to solution

The only way to retain it as a stand alone email service is to pay £7.50 per month for the Premium email service. You should note that there is nothing premium about it except the price. It will give exactly what you have just now. You do not need to set up a new email account/address.

Another way to retain it would be to have it associated to another BT Broadband account. This would require you to trust the person whose broadband account you are "associating" with because although they can not access your email they could delete your account.

As regards getting the Premium email it will only be offered to you when you end your contract and leave BT.

If you do neither of the above your email account will be deleted in 60 days.  If your account is deleted you can not forward emails from it to a new address. Senders to your  "closed" BT account would get a bounced message saying the account is inactive.

Brian99
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I moved from BT a few weeks ago and am getting close to the 60 day deadline to retain my email, I'll pay the £7.50pm but have tried doing so on online and called them once which after a long wait & discussion someone wanted me to give them access to my computer whch is something all the advice says not to do.  Any ideas on how to retain my btinternet email ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

See  link.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44885/~/what-is-bt-premium-mail-and-how-can-i-get-it...

Call BT on 0808 100 6778.  

There is absolutely no requirement for any BT staff to access your computer to set up BT Premium email. It is purely a billing issue. If the Customer Service rep does not understand that ask him/her to get somebody who does.

0 Ratings
Brian99
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks will call them again in the morning..

0 Ratings