cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 20

Re: When trying to set up new mail rule but getting unable to connect to server or it is slow to ...

Go to solution

Hi @SBR01,

Did the tech guys get this sorted for you? Was it a setting at your end? Are you able to help @tom_dickson with this?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 20

Re: When trying to set up new mail rule but getting unable to connect to server or it is slow to ...

Go to solution

Hello Tom,

I had to get the BT Tech team (in India) involved. They eventually got to the bottom of it after a few attempts. They said the problem was caused by a corrupt rule I had set up. I  cannot remember exactly if this was an invalid character I had included in the rule. If it was I would have though this should have been picked up by some validation prior to the rule being accepted.  In the end I got an email from them asking me to try again and I was able to proceed. 

I think I might have logged the issue twice but cannot find my other post, I was just wondering if I put some more detail on it. 

If I remember correctly I got the tech team involved by raising a complaint from one of the links in the email help section of the website.

I hope this is helpful and you get your problem solved quickly.

Highlighted
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks @SBR01 . Appreciate your help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

Many thanks for your reply. I fear I may have to request help from the tech team though. Cheers, Tom

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

Hi David, it seems that I require some help from the tech team to help resolve my issue. Can you arrange this please.

Cheers, Tom.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

No problem @tom_dickson. I've dropped you a message with details on how to contact us. Just reply to that and we'll look into it for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @tom_dickson Please can you try updating the rules again and let us know how you get on?

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution

Hi John,

You have worked your magic and I can now edit and delete my rules. Many thanks for your help.

Out of curiosity, what was the fault. 

Have a good evening.

Cheers, Tom.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @tom_dickson thanks for testing that and letting us know it's fixed. I'll let David know. He was not the office but the email team had got back to us to say that the user interface was updated in July last year and user's rules converted to the latest format. They refreshed the characters again and removed and of those containing unusual graphic characters.
Cheers
John 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

Ok John,

Thanks for the update.

Take care and stay safe.

Cheers, Tom.

0 Ratings