Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 30 of 132

Re: New BT email log in problems.

Edicot wrote:

Hi, I have the same issue...how frustrating is this? Surely there must be a way of staying logged in or at the very least keeping the email address saved and just entering the password. Has anybody found a solution yet?

Didn't you read the post immediately before yours? Bear in mind that migration to the new email service is work only just in progress and not all customers will see the same developments at the same time. I can't see any of the new stuff yet but I'm not at all frustrated, largely because I do the sensible thing - use an email client.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 132

Using an email client is OK but I sign on to my email from various places and computers. Is it too much to expect BT to have a sensible and working migration policy. I don't want to go to their new home page (BT.com) and I don't want all the extra junk just a simple web based log in for email.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 132

You do not need to go into the BT home page to get to the email log on page.

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

Either pin it to your favourites menu bar or make it open along with your normal browser start up page.

NettieK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 132

Thanks for your very helpful reply Keith.  Forgive me, I'm a bit of a newbie on this BT Forum. 

As an existing user how do I get the 'new' BT login page?  I get the login box which you've kindly posted up in your reply but when I go to 'MyBT' the page I see is nothing like the one you show.  It certainly doesn't have a 'hello' message with a drop down box anywhere that I can see.  Mine just says 'Hi' and then my name. 

On the help page I accessed from the new Log In page, why tell people they can stay logged in for 14 days and then make it so ridiculously hard for them to find where they do it?  It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 132

You will not see that until you have been moved over to the new BT mail.

The new login page for existing users, still takes you to Yahoo mail.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

julia99
Beginner
Message 67 of 132

I've been migrated but I can't login to the mail, it won't accept my email address and password. I know it is correct because my Outlook is working fine.

And to answer why I need to login on the web, it's because I need to check the Spam folder which regularly eats mail that it should not....

0 Ratings
bktyee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 76 of 132

I think BT handled this really badly if no one knows when they have been migrated.

When I logged in via the shortcut https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform, it takes me to BT Yahoo mail without problems. When I tried to log in directly on www.bt.yahoo.com, I appear to log in correctly but if I try to access MyBT, it asks for a login again but this time, my login will ALWAYS fails. If I click on the Email instead, it will take me to BT Yahoo mail like before.

It appear to tell me there is an issue with my account but obviously there isn't because my Outlook is still receiving and I am able to send emails. As I mention before I am also able to access my webmail.

So BT! Please clarify for the sake of your users. Remember a lot of us have to log in on the web because we have to do so at least once every 150 days (I do it every month).
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 77 of 132

bktyee wrote:

So BT! Please clarify for the sake of your users. Remember a lot of us have to log in on the web because we have to do so at least once every 150 days (I do it every month).

If you access your account using an e-mail client, then that counts as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
garycoomber
Message 78 of 132

New BT home page

Hi , Anybody else as frustrated as I am with the new home page layout ? why do we have to keep logging in to get our emails...please BT reinstate the old page !

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 79 of 132

Re: New BT home page

Hi garycoomber.

Have you thought about using a mail client and download the mail to your PC, then you can use any page as a home page.

Another alternative is, use any page you want as a home page and bookmark these links or make them favourites.

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform   for email

and

https://www.bt.com/appsyouraccount/public/index.do?siteArea=con.mya  for MyBT

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings