cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 57 of 132

Re: New Email Login Proceedure

Why don't you use an email client like Thunderbird? Logs in and downloads new messages with one click, or automatically if you leave it open.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Jolan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 59 of 132

Thank you for the links Guru. Unfortunately this problem has only just arisen. As explained in my posting, one used to be able to click "keep me logged in" on the login page. This facility has now disappeared and BT(India) keeps telling me it's for my own good. Although I've been very happy withBT Yahoo mail, I now feel like changing my emain client. Logging in every time one activates BT email is simply a pain!

0 Ratings
Jolan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 60 of 132

So sorry! I'm new. Should have addressed to gg30340

0 Ratings
Jolan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 61 of 132

Thank you pottyperson. I'm thinking of doing that. Just waiting a wee while to see if someone at BT Mail will realize how daft their new idea is (doing away with the "keeped me logged in" box) and how inconvenient for users. Do they really care?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 62 of 132

I have lost track about this issue due to the number of threads on the forum about it but I seem to recall reading on one thread that once you are fully migrated onto the new email system the "keep me logged in" box becomes available. 

Jolan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 63 of 132

Thanks again. I'll wait awhile. Hopefully what you say will happen.

BT call centre in India never mentioned this. If truw, they are clearly not aware of it.

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 64 of 132

@gg30340 wrote:

I have lost track about this issue due to the number of threads on the forum about it but I seem to recall reading on one thread that once you are fully migrated onto the new email system the "keep me logged in" box becomes available. 

It does indeed. After you log in to BT Mail for the first time, the next time you visit the email login page, a "Keep me logged in" tickbox appears.

Oliver.
Jolan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 89 of 132

Hi again!

Yee! There are several threads on this topic.

I'm still on the older system but have recently discovered a "fix".

I click on  "mail" on the rhs of the blue bar.

Type in my email address and password.

When I'm then taken onto my email page, I 'bookmark' the page (I use Google Chrome).

Since then, every time I wish to open my email page, I just click on the bookmark and am taken straight in. I don't even see the login box. (Yahoo! Pardon the pun).

Saves me a lot of time as I log in several times a day.

Thanks to everyone for your interest.

0 Ratings
trumble2
Beginner
Message 6 of 132

Email log in

I have just been forced to change my home page to bt.com. I have to log in to get my emails and there does not seem to be a button to stay loged on like the old one. do I have to log on each time to check emails

trumble2

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 7 of 132

Re: Email log in

Hi trumble2,

At the moment the new BT Login portal which has replaced the Yahoo login portal requires you to login everytime you visit the page.

However this may change once all the BT Retail broadband customers have been migrated to the new BTmail service and platform.

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.