cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 100 of 132

Re: Email log in

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators posts made here do not go directly to BT once the transfer to BT Mail is complete then the log in details will be able to be saved as before
0 Ratings
EEZEPECE
Beginner
Message 101 of 132

Email keeps logging me out

Hi I'm a BT Yahoo email user - and I've been accessing email via the BT.com website (since the changeover).  Has been working fine (apart from the need to log in every time I switch my PC on - which is a bit tiresome).  However, today I keep being logged out - quite randomly.  If I click on a mail or send a mail or just click on my inbox or check for new mail - sometimes it works and sometimes it logs me out!

Only difference I can think of between yesterday and today is I installed Internet Explorer 11 last night.  I've tried doing a system restore - to get rid of IE 11 - but system restore doesn't seem able to complete properly.

Any ideas on what I can do?

Thank you

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 102 of 132

Re: Email keeps logging me out

I believe there are some issues with IE11. Do you have Desktop help installed?

0 Ratings
EEZEPECE
Beginner
Message 103 of 132

I tried to start a new thread - about a different problem - and for some reason it was moved to this existing thread (with no explanation).  Is this standard practice on this forum?

0 Ratings
EEZEPECE
Beginner
Message 104 of 132

How can I tell if I've got desktop help installed?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 105 of 132

This thread is about people not being able to stay logged into mail, like you.

Desktop help may have been installed if you added and stuff from the BT CD. I think it puts a help icon on the desktop.

Its probably also under "add/remove programs" on the control panel.

0 Ratings
EEZEPECE
Beginner
Message 106 of 132

Any idea what the icon looks like.  I can't see anything obvious... but maybe that's just me!

0 Ratings
EEZEPECE
Beginner
Message 107 of 132

Can't find it... so I assume it's not installed.  Anything else I can do?  Thanks

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 108 of 132

@EEZEPECE wrote:

I tried to start a new thread - about a different problem - and for some reason it was moved to this existing thread (with no explanation).  Is this standard practice on this forum?

Have a look at this thread.

http://community.bt.com/t5/Forum-Guidance-Ideas/Forum-posting-guidance/td-p/1069874

The CLs seem to have a distorted view of how threads should be moderated and frequently merge threads without considering the posters point of view. In particular they frequently merge threads that are on different topics. This is partly due to people hijacking threads onto other topics (eg like this one)   This is against the Community User Guidelines but no action is taken against it.  If you have any comment on this post please contribute to the thread above to stop this thread going off topic.

0 Ratings
EEZEPECE
Beginner
Message 109 of 132

Apologies for the confusion.  The title of this thread is 'WHere is the Keep Me Logged In box'... and as that was not my query, I naturally thought it best to start a new thread.  Hence, I thought my original thread was moved here in error (bearing in mind the thread's original title).

Anyway... thanks for your help, Keith

0 Ratings