cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EEZEPECE
Beginner
Message 110 of 132

Re: Email keeps logging me out

Thanks for the explanation 'Vofsanity2'.  I thought I was going crazy when my thread disappeared!

0 Ratings
m_mac
Message 16 of 132

Email Login

Guys,  Please add "keep me logged in" to email access because I'm getting WELL fed up of having to key in my username and password everytime I go to log into the new Email Page!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 132

Re: Email Login

Welcome to the forum. This has been raised several times here and the answer answer seems to be wait and see what the new system offers once it's completely up and running.

Whatever emerges, you can save the bother of webmail by using an email client such as Thunderbird. With one click you could automatically log in and download new messages for management on your computer.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
callmem
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 132

Hi Pottyperson

If I wanted to use a mail client I would, but I dont. The plain fact that we have webmail to use with more than enough storage should drive people to use Webmail.

1. Far less problems are encountered using webmail therefore your call volumes to your service desk would be much less than I reckon they are today.e.g. There is no set up for webmail as with a mail client, purely login, therefore you would cut out all of those calls immediately if everyone used webmail.

2. All emails are stored on the BT's servers making back up BT's responsibility and not mine

3. If my pc were to crash I would still have access to email

4. I can access my email anywhere in the country/world using webmail

5. The question was..Please add " keep me logged in" to the email login page. Every other main email provider has this option.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 132

Hi callmem

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go directly to BT the forum is moderated by BT but not every post is read

At this time BT mail has not been fully launched so I would suggest waiting for the full product launch as by then it may have been added by then
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 132

The new email has now been launched for new customers., and there is an option to keep you logged in.

See this image http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/email/keeplogin.jpg

Existing customers will have to wait.

There is a thread here http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/BT-Mail-is-live/m-p/1053526#M67227

0 Ratings
Darren_S
Beginner
Message 23 of 132

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/video/

use that instead of bthome, its the nearest to btyahoo I could find
0 Ratings
callmem
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 132

Hi Potty Person

I know this is a customer help forum, however I would hope that the moderators would pick the request up and pass on to whoever can make this happen. Hence me, "as a customer",  writing my post as many other customers do.

So to any moderators, please pick up the request and pass back to BT.

Thanks

M

0 Ratings
callmem
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 132

Thank you Darren. I hope your a BT employee because if not you should be 😉 This will do nicely until i am moved to the CP platform where as I keep gettig reminded I will have the " keep me logged in" option, not that knowing this is of much use to me today.

However thanks to you I now no longer have to keep logging in everytime I want to access email 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 26 of 132

@callmem wrote:

Hi Potty Person

I know this is a customer help forum, however I would hope that the moderators would pick the request up and pass on to whoever can make this happen. Hence me, "as a customer",  writing my post as many other customers do.

So to any moderators, please pick up the request and pass back to BT.M

I think you are referring to the post from john46. I guess he posted because part of you reply to me was couched in terms that appeared to be directed at BT. He was just pointing out that the forum is not a reliable way of contacting them; clearly, various people in the company keep an eye on what's going on here but there's no guarantee that any particular contribution will be taken on board.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings