cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zebra37
Message 111 of 132

Re: Email keeps logging me out

Yes it is infuriating and time-consuming having to keep writing in your email address as well as password even if you have not signed out.

However you can usually get straight back to your emails via 'History' - which makes any security issues rather pointless.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 112 of 132

0 Ratings
brianbrora
Beginner
Message 113 of 132

I've just sorted out my New Year's resolution - Get a new ISP - one who can provide a customer friendly email service.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 114 of 132

I don't understand why there are so many people moaning about this issue with webmail when the best solution is to use an email client such as Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail.

Once set up you do not need to log in again if you have set it to remember your password, you can down load all your emails onto your computer which allows you to back them up to a safe location away from BT server. You can access your downloaded emails while off line if need be and you can set it up to access and download any other email accounts you may have such as gmail ot hotmail etc.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 115 of 132

Couldn't agree more, gg. I don't know whether the problems experienced by webmailers during the move from Yahoo! were avoidable or not, but I do know that as a Thunderbirder I have been virtually unaffected by them. (That's fate well and truly tempted!)

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 116 of 132

Totally agree pp, I use Windows Live mail and I have it set up to log on automatically when I open it and I have had no problems. Hope it stays that way!

0 Ratings
lesleyj
Contributor
Message 117 of 132

I moan about it because it doesn't work the way it should! I've no idea what Thunderbird even means let alone be able to set it up!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 118 of 132

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 119 of 132

See this link for info about Thunderbird

https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/thunderbird/features/