cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 121 of 132

Re: Email keeps logging me out

Yes, very easy. You just download it and follow the prompts. Have a read through the guide that Keith posted and have a look through this link. If you have any problems just come back and ask.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/346,6588,6591

0 Ratings
lesleyj
Contributor
Message 122 of 132

OK thanks.  I'll give it a go when I have time to concentrate on it!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 123 of 132

Well worth it. Please return here if you have any problems with it.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
GL
Beginner
Message 124 of 132

Correct me if I'm wrong.  If I have access from more than one computer and I use Thunderbird i have to download the emails to that computer to view them. Is there an option not to delete them from the server thus allowing them to be viewed from another computer?

I also have a couple of btinternet.com email accounts, one for personal, one for ebay etc, does Thunderbird allow you to keep these accounts separate?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 125 of 132

You need to configure Thunderbird for IMAP access, then you will be able to view e-mail on another computer via webmail. IMAP keeps a copy of all folders on your computer.

Each account on Thunderbird is totally separate, and appears along the left side.

Using the Thunderbird e-mail client - IMAP connection - allows folder synchronization between devices

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 126 of 132

Yes you you will have to download them onto the other computer if you are using POP3. If you set the account up as IMAP you don't need to download them as this replicates what is on the server and would be the same on all computers.

There is a box to check that leaves the messages on the server so that they will be available to download on other computers.

You can keep the accounts separate. You can set it to either download both accounts at the same time or individually. There will be a drop downbox in your from address box so that you can select which account you want to send from.

0 Ratings
AnnS
Contributor
Message 127 of 132

Re: Email Login

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

The new email has now been launched for new customers., and there is an option to keep you logged in.

See this image http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/email/keeplogin.jpg

Existing customers will have to wait.

There is a thread here http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/BT-Mail-is-live/m-p/1053526#M67227

Should BT internet be looking after existing customers as well as new customers.

When will existing customers be getting the keep me logged in box ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 128 of 132

Re: Email Login

AnnS wrote:

Should BT internet be looking after existing customers as well as new customers.

Yes, but the transfer of millions of existing accounts to the new system is taking time. I don't know whether that's justified or not, but clearly it wouldn't make sense to put new customers on the old system to make them wait their turn even if it was possible. As I and others have said multiple times, these temporary issues could be largely overcome by using an email client, advice which seems to fall on deaf ears.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Jolan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 129 of 132

Re: Where is the "keep me logged in" box?

YAHOO! Pardon me please. Just as I was about to phone India, yet again, to complain about this; I clicked on the 'email' bit at the end of the blue top-bar and, lo and behold, there was the "keep me logged in" line with its attendant box. I ticked the box and went offline, then went back on line and I was still logged in. Why, oh why, has it taken so long to put this right?

0 Ratings
Lnxr
Beginner
Message 130 of 132

Re: Where is the "keep me logged in" box?

I have a keep me logged in box I tick it and still get logged out so having the box is not much use either.

0 Ratings