Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kochanski99
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Which will be Primary ID?

Go to solution

I had a BT landline account with a Tiscali broadband, so used to log in to see bills using ***@tiscali.co.uk and a password. Now I have switched to BT Broadband and created a new email address for myself ****@btinternet.com and another for my wife. Having linked mine to the main account, I am awaiting a pin sent by letter and hoping that activating this will make my BT email address the Primary ID. Will it do that? Will doing this automatically make the old Tiscali login ID disappear? I don't want it any more, not even as a secondary ID. How do I get rid of it? Clarification of how all this works will help. Thanks.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Which will be Primary ID?

Go to solution

Hi @Kochanski99 Thanks for posting, yes you can change your BT ID to another email address. You'll need to follow the instructions in this link to change your BT ID

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Are you using your Tiscali email address for anything on BT such as using it to log onto MyBT

https://home.bt.com/login/loginform?TYPE=33554433&REALMOID=06-f1aca0f0-9277-1028-a2aa-843bdb4e0000&G...

If you do you need to log onto MyBT and go to My Profile > My Contact details and change the email address to your BT email address. Yu can then go to My Security details and change the password to the same one you presently use to log onto your BT email address.

This will make your BT email address your BTID and this will allow you to log onto MyBT, BTWifi and the other BT services using your BTID.

https://www.bt.com/static/wa/account/bt-id-explained/

0 Ratings
Kochanski99
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks. I no longer need to login with the Tiscali email and password. I can login with my new BTMail email and password once I have activated Extras with my pin (not yet arrived). I just wanted clarification. If I had known my new email sooner, I suppose I could have just changed the Username to a BT one. I guess I will just not bother with the Tiscali login once I have my pin. Q, Am I right in thinking there is always ONLY ONE email login Prinary User? All others are sub accounts?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Yes there is only one email primary account. The rest are sub accounts but they can have their own BTID and you can make it an "affiliate" account.

If you don't affiliate it you can access it and change its password where as an affiliated account is controlled by who ever you "gift" it to.

See link for explanation

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/50518

0 Ratings
Kochanski99
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Is there any way to delete the old Tiscali account? I made my new bt email login the Primary with the new PIN sent by post. I logged into the old Tiscali and it now says someone else is the Primary ID. But it is still possible to edit this account, even make it the primary ID again.. Really I want rid of it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I am not sure what you are meaning when you say  "I logged into the old Tiscali and it now says someone else is the Primary ID ".  Where are you logging in with the Tiscali email address?

If you still have a Tiscali email address and you no longer want it you need to contact Tiscali about deleting it. BT can not do that for you.

0 Ratings