Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
herrbohnen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Why am I getting adverts on my email screen

Go to solution

I'm paying for by broadband £25 plus a month and yet I haev incessant adverts on my home email screen . There are always photos of people begging on it , I mean whats going on ? Why should I get adverts and pay monthly ?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Why am I getting adverts on my email screen

Go to solution

You do not pay for the email with BT. It is classed as a free value added service. This has been agreed as by Ofcom.

As you will no doubt have read the Terms and Conditions when you signed up with BT you will have noted that you agreed to there being adverts and as such BT can put adverts on it.

See Terms & Conditions section 35

You understand and agree that the Service will include advertisements and that these advertisements are necessary for BT to provide the Services.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/terms/value-added-service.html

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@herrbohnen wrote:

I'm paying for by broadband £25 plus a month and yet I haev incessant adverts on my home email screen . There are always photos of people begging on it , I mean whats going on ? Why should I get adverts and pay monthly ?

I don't see any adverts on my mail client.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@herrbohnen wrote:

Why should I get adverts and pay monthly ?

Or give Murdoch a wedge and suffer frequent ad breaks on Sky, or buy a newspaper and find much of it wasted on full-page ads, or pay to go to the cinema and have to sit through Pearl & Dean?

Spoiler
Capture.JPG
--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
CMA
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@herrbohnen wrote:

Why should I get adverts and pay monthly ?

Assuming that you are using a web browser to view your email then simply use a AdBlocker add-on to your browser to suppress ads. I use a well known one and it sucessfully blocks the ads on the (rare) ocassions I access my email via my browser.
0 Ratings
herrbohnen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
So?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@herrbohnen wrote:
So ...

... what?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings