cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vidyashree
Message 1 of 7

Why are emails sent to btinternet.com marked as spam.

We are currently using the two IP's  for sending emails.

The emails sent to btinternet.com are always marked as spam. We have checked and the IP's are not under any spam lists.

How can i check if BTInternet are caching the spam list or not updating it? 

Let me know if there are any other reasons of the emails being marked as spam.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Why are emails sent to btinternet.com marked as spam.

Ensure you are fully compliant with regard to SPF/DMARC/DKIM

0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

What is the bounce message that you are getting back?

BT's bounce messages are some of the best around as they very descriptive.  There is a specific one if your IP is found on an industry blacklist, but also specifically differentiates DMARC or SPF. 

0 Ratings
vidyashree
Message 4 of 7

Hi Thanks for replying. The error details are as below:

Error Details

Reported error:

550 5.7.350 Remote server returned message detected as spam -> 554 Message rejected on 2019/07/12 15:35:35 BST, policy (3.2.2.1) ID (5D2569D40091F994) - Your message looks like SPAM or has been reported as SPAM

Let me know if this is the one you wanted.

0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Yes, that makes it clear.

It’s the actual content of the message itself that has been marked as spam by BT’s 3rd party anti- spam provider. You need to check you have good marketing practices in content and try again. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

@vidyashreewrote:

Hi Thanks for replying. The error details are as below:

Error Details

Reported error:

550 5.7.350 Remote server returned message detected as spam -> 554 Message rejected on 2019/07/12 15:35:35 BST, policy (3.2.2.1) ID (5D2569D40091F994) - Your message looks like SPAM or has been reported as SPAM

Let me know if this is the one you wanted.

I'm afraid you've fallen foul of the ridiculous anti-spam systems BT are using, but they will not do anything about it or indeed entertain discussion on it.

Sometimes simply having a URL in the email causes bounce messages, or some form of wording. The problem is proving what it is, especially when probably all emails sent to other addresses all (apparently) are received.

Also it has been seen that this could go away with a new round of emails to your "list".

Has this just started to happen after previously been fine - or has this happened from day one?

0 Ratings
vidyashree
Message 7 of 7

This has been happening for quiet sometime now. Earlier my IP's were marked as spam, so after i removed it from spam lists, the email would go again. But this time, even though the IPs are not in the list, the emails are detected as spam.

I will check the contents of the emails to check if there is anything unusual. Thanks

0 Ratings