cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colinl_bird
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Why did BT trash so many of my contacts?

Go to solution

When BT switched from Yahoo to their new interface, some aspects improved, some did not, but I got used to the new interface reasonably quickly. What I did not get used to, and have been annoyed about many times since, is the high proportion of my contacts that BT have gratuitously trashed. In some cases, the name remains but with no email address; in numerous other cases, everything went. This came to a head today, when I discovered that an old friend whom I need to contact as soon as possible is among "the disappeared". Why did BT ever think this would be acceptable? It most certainly is not!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Why did BT trash so many of my contacts?

Go to solution
0 Ratings
colinl_bird
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Why did BT trash so many of my contacts?

Go to solution

Thanks, @licquorice, that made interesting reading.

I am as confident as I can be that I entered some, albeit not all, of the missing contacts myself, not by relying on any automatic process. Why so confident? Two of them I modified earlier this year, as the contacts had changed their email addresses. I am not at all impressed by BT's excuse for not backing up and restoring _all_ contacts: it was poor data security, to say the least. However, we are where we are.

0 Ratings