cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dsansom3
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Why is BT Mail on an iPhone so rubbish?

I have an iPhone 7 and using the native email app works fine for every mail account (exchange, yahoo) but is rubbish for my BT mail account. 50% of the time it tells me my account details are wrong, but later still receives and sends mail.

Today I have reset my password on the BT mail site (where I can read my mail fine) but iPhone won’t accept new password. Have deleted BT mail accounts off both my Mac and iPhone. Trying to Re-add using instructions from BT site but no joy.

Any tips or should I give up, get a gmail account and quit BT completely?
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Why is BT Mail on an iPhone so rubbish?

Or get an Android!!! Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Zombie
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Why is BT Mail on an iPhone so rubbish?

i use gmail and bt internet emails both accounts coming into Apple mail app on iPad and iPhone. 

‘As I already had a gmail account in the mail app, I added the bt internet email account in the phone settings, with just my email address and password. No other settings needed.

open settings, then accounts and passwords, then add account, select other, then add mail account, enter your name, email address, password and call it whatever you want in the description I called mine in BT email.  Tap next and it should just work. 

‘Open the mail app and your mail should sync in no problem. Having changed my phone to the Xs max I had to set mine up again a week ago and that’s all I did and it works fine. 

0 Ratings