cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

Why is BTYahoo Mail giving me illegal Bitcoin adverts at login time.

Bit of a surprise this one, just seen a range of adverts on the BTMail login screen both via Yahoo and via the BT.com email button< Thing is these adverts are clearly using Uk stars such as Ant (from Any and dec) to name one where the links are actually suggesting these people have a new way of making huge sums of money from bitcoin investments.

I woudn't have thought that BT would want to be associated with what effectively looks like similar adverts that Martin Lewis was recently taking Youtube and other big players to a huge defemation of character (I think) court case.

I don't usually read any adverts from BT but it seems to me that BT would not want to be part of this type of stuff.

2 REPLIES 2
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Why is BTYahoo Mail giving me illegal Bitcoin adverts at login time.

and a jim davidson one on the BT news feed again a bitcoin selling one that is plainly not endorsed by Jim Davidson. Perhaps I should go on twitter and tell these stars but to be honeast I'd prefer that BT sort this out.

The thing is these adds do not seem like they will do anything but essentially rip anyone off who thinks these stars are endorsing them. As I say a coporate company of BT's standing probably should be doing better in this field.

It sort of beggars belief that a big company like BT would even bother to use Google Ads if they can't crontrol the ad types that are fed to their customers.

0 Ratings
andycorries
Message 3 of 3

Re: Why is BTYahoo Mail giving me illegal Bitcoin adverts at login time.

Absolutely scandalous behaviour from BT - wish I knew how to stop them allowing it
0 Ratings