cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpadeutsch
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 12

Why is Googlemail rejecting a message from my btinternet.com address

A message from my btinternet.com address to one particular email address is being rejected with a message from mailer-daemon@googlemail.com saying that my email address is blocked. All my other email seems to be working correctly, and if I send the blocked message from a non bt email address it gets through to the recipient.

Does anyone know what is going on and how I can sort this out.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Why is Googlemail rejecting a message from my btinternet.com address

Are you being blocked from all gmail email accounts or just one prson's account.

If it is just one recipient the first check to make is with the person that you are sending the email to that they do not have your email address in their blocked senders list.

If your email address is not there or you are being blocked from all gmail accounts you would then need to contact the Gmail postmaster and ask why your particular email address has been blocked and what needs to be done to unblock it.

0 Ratings
jpadeutsch
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 12

Thanks.

I can email from my btinternet account to my own gmail account without a problem, so it is  not a general problem with gmail.

I don't know if the address I am sending to is actually on the gmail server. It is a company with their own domain rather than with an email provider's domain address. Cutstomer support at the company  say that there is no reason that they know of that would cause their system to block my address.

Is Googlemail exectly the same thing as gmail or are they two seperate services? I shall try to email them and see what happens. Presumably the email address would be postmaster@googlemail.com or postmaster@gmail.com

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Gmail and googlemail are one and the same. 

See link, question No.3

Getting someone else's mail - Gmail Help (google.com)

0 Ratings
jpadeutsch
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 12

Thanks. I have just emailed them. I wonder if I shall actually get a reply from them.

0 Ratings
jpadeutsch
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 12

I did email postmaster@googlmail.com four days ago. But so far there has been no response or acknowledgement. I have been told that gmail do not respond to help requests from indidividual users.

The problem still exists - I try sending a test message every day or so.

I really don't know what to try next.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

If your BT email account is working as it should every where except with the one recipient it would suggest to me that it is obviously not a BT problem but a problem at the recipients end and it would be up to them to try and resolve the issue that is blocking your email account.

As regards contacting the gmail postmaster all I can suggest is that you keep sending them an email until you do get a reply although as I stated above, it is really the recipients problem.

0 Ratings
jpadeutsch
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 12

Thanks. I have a similar ongoing chat going with the recipient. They say that they don't know of any reason why their system would block a specific address. That makes me believe that it is happening at some other server between the googlemail server and the recipient.

I seem to remember that with OutlookExpress you could find the entire routing of a message in the message headers. But on outlook I don't know if it is possible to look at the headers.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

The header is available to the recipient but obviously as they are not receiving it they can not analyse it.

Are you using the email client Outlook? If so have you tried sending it directly from your BTMail webmail ie logging onto your account with a browser.

0 Ratings
jpadeutsch
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 12

I have just tried to send it from webmail. It got the same rejection message. I looked at the attached .text message. It seems to contain some tracking information. Here is what it says - does it tell us anything?

Reporting-MTA: dns; googlemail.com
Received-From-MTA: dns;  <myname>@btinternet.com
Arrival-Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 08:33:28 -0800 (PST)
X-Original-Message-ID: <6587d919.da1.1773f8af5c4.Webtop.216@btinternet.com>

Final-Recipient: rfc822; support@ccleaner.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; The account <myname>@btinternet.com is disabled.
Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 08:33:28 -0800 (PST)

0 Ratings