cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LauraAsh
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Windows 10/Btinternet settings out of date

Can somebody please help, I am getting desperate. I am trying to set up my email on a new Windows 10 laptop. Everytime I try it throws up an error saying my btinternet settings are out of date. How and where do I change these settings? I cannot find the old page that gives you incoming, outgoing, IMAP settings, where I could change them.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Windows 10/Btinternet settings out of date

Are you on the old btyahoo mail or were one of the few that were migrated to bt mail?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

@LauraAshwrote:

Can somebody please help, I am getting desperate. I am trying to set up my email on a new Windows 10 laptop. Everytime I try it throws up an error saying my btinternet settings are out of date. How and where do I change these settings? I cannot find the old page that gives you incoming, outgoing, IMAP settings, where I could change them.

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Are you trying to use the Windows 10 mail app? If so, then have a look through this thread :-

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Can-t-sync-to-Win-10-mail-app/m-p/1799401#M55941

some of the replies, including mine, gives details about how to use the Win10 app.

You might need to see if you're with BTYahoo or BTMail - check by logging into webmail :-

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

where you'll see a Yahoo image for BTYahoo, or a BTMail image for BTMail.

0 Ratings
LauraAsh
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

I can' recall it ever being Yahoo. I'e had this email for about 20 years now I suppose and I would like to keep it if I can. Your help is appreciated.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

If that long then unless you had an email telling you about migration about 3/4 years ago the you are still on btyahoo for your mail and should use their settings

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

0 Ratings