Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nandrews
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Re: Windows Live Mail not connecting with BT server

Go to solution

I stumbled on this and think I have a related problem.

For months I have put up with Live Mail being slow to connect and pick up email.

Often it will show Failed and I have to retry a number of times.

This is whilst I can refresh webpages etc. without problem!

So there is something in the Windows Live config which is wrong.

But I have checked the settings as far as I can (BT don't give explicit settings for Live Mail so I am not certain)

Does anyone have the exact step by step settings for Live Mail so I can compare mine with that?

Thanks

Nigel

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

The correct settings are given in message 5 of this thread and are the same for any mail client.

If you can send and recieve mail it is not a settings problem, settings are either correct and mail works or incorrect and mail doesn't work, nothing inbetween.

The BT mail servers are notoriously flaky and are the probable source of your problems.

0 Ratings
nandrews
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

OK thanks for that.

I find that Live Mail shows Connecting or Authorising most times when I try to pick-up the latest emails with Receive Mail. Then it will either complete after half a minute or will show a prompt and I have to do another Receive Mail.

It is very seldom that I select Receive Mail and it connects. authorises and receives email immediately.

Though I have lved with it for a long time, I'm surprised (if it's BT servers) that the problem continues.

Thanks

Nigel

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

A brief perusal of the forum would reveal problems with BT mail servers going back years.

0 Ratings