cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

Windows email password problem

Go to solution

This started happening in the last couple of weeks with Windows Mail - everyday I have to re-enter the password for my BT mail account, it doesn't happen with my Outlook account, I have tried resetting Windows Mail several times but no luck, other mail servers work fine, it was  OK till a few weeks, the password is accepted every time, it's just a pain having to put the password in every morning, any ideas please

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: Windows email password problem

Go to solution

might br privacy settings

"Mail and Calendar" under Apps & Features, then click "Advanced options" and then make sure "Email" is ON under "App Permissions".

Finally after that, proceed to  . "Allow apps to access your email" at Settings, Privacy and Email.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution

Ok, Thanks, I will try that..

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution

Did everything, all settings were switch on, so I put them off & on again we will se what happens tomorrow  , Many Thanks for the advice...

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution

No, still had to go to Fix Account & enter password..

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

If the problem is with your Windows Mail app not retaining your password it would appear to be a Windows problem and not a BT one so you may be better posting on a Windows forum where you may get some help.

There have been previous similar problems after Windows updates so it may be something to do with that.

Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

Ok, I will do that, Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

use the other option under accounts server settings will be set automatcly then just type your password

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution

It's not a server settings problem because the OP can send and receive emails. It's an app problem because the app is not storing the saved password.

Message 10 of 22

Go to solution

well that how i did and it worked fine

check for updates to the inbuilt mail program

0 Ratings