cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 8

Woeful Email not improving at all!

Oh my goodness - I am still having problems with this new mail update and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

I have called BT 3 times to register my issues, with no help whatsoever!  Have now joined this community to see if anyone can suggest anything to help?

1.  When I sent an email with an attachment that was too large, it never informed me of this and had said it had sent.   No error message, no email to say it hadn't gone.   Only found out a day later when I phoned to find out why the solicitor hadn't got back to me - not great when you need something done by a certain time...

2.  When I try to delete several emails at once, it says I am using another device and errors - even when I am not.  This can happen first time I attempt it, or sometimes it lets me delte so many and then comes up with the error message again.

3. I still can't go through my emails one after the other  - I have to click into each one.

4.  Half of my email contacts have just disappeared....

There's so much more but these are my top issues. I've never used such a clunky and awful set up.  May have to seriously consider changing if this continues but I shouldn't have to!  Any suggestions or am I stuck with this in all its awfulness?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Woeful Email not improving at all!

there are numerous posts about the new BT Mail and problems

here is largest but you can use search to find many more

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Monstrous-new-BT-email-upgrade/td-p/2052978

why don't you just use a third party email client like thunderbird or outlook and collect you bt email that way  make life a lot easier

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

@KLT109 wrote:

Oh my goodness - I am still having problems with this new mail update and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

I have called BT 3 times to register my issues, with no help whatsoever!  Have now joined this community to see if anyone can suggest anything to help?

1.  When I sent an email with an attachment that was too large, it never informed me of this and had said it had sent.   No error message, no email to say it hadn't gone.   Only found out a day later when I phoned to find out why the solicitor hadn't got back to me - not great when you need something done by a certain time... Don't know why the message sent. If the attachment is over 25Mb I believe it should not have been sent.

2.  When I try to delete several emails at once, it says I am using another device and errors - even when I am not.  This can happen first time I attempt it, or sometimes it lets me delte so many and then comes up with the error message again. There is a problem with the delete feature of the email system. The error message is a generic message and is obviously not relevant to what this actual error is.

See this link about deleting emails to save me having to repeat it here. https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/something-unexpected-has-occurred-quot-error-message/td-p/2092087

3. I still can't go through my emails one after the other  - I have to click into each one. If you open your email and move your mouse about half way down the email text it will reveal an arrow on either side of the email. Clicking on the relevant arrow will allow you to move forward or backward through your list of emails.

4.  Half of my email contacts have just disappeared.... Your contacts that were saved in the contacts list on the BTYahoo system should have been moved when your email account was migrated to BTMail however the contacts that were only stored in the "autofill" section on the BTYahoo system could not be migrated with your email account and are therefore lost. You will need to add the lost email addresses to your contacts list.

There's so much more but these are my top issues. I've never used such a clunky and awful set up.  May have to seriously consider changing if this continues but I shouldn't have to!  Any suggestions or am I stuck with this in all its awfulness? You should consider using an email client such as Thunderbird or Outlook. This will allow you to access and use your email account without logging onto the webmail version which is causing you these problems.

See the following links which may be of some assistance

https://www.bt.com/help/email/we-ve-updated-your-email

https://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/internet/bt-email-settings-tips-auto-reply-signature-11364367965932

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

As both the "Distinguished Sages" suggested, try using a 3rd party email client as I do (Thunderbird) but be aware they cannot send emails as there is a recurring problem at the moment with BT Mail and 3rd party email clients which has reared its ugly head many times over the years I've been with BT.

At time of writing this if you do decide to use an email client you will just have to wait till the BT mail server sorts itself out,again, untill then you will not be able so send any emails. Webmail will be your only way to send your mail.

Welcome to BT Mail!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

one of my btinternet email addresses is on the new BT Mail and just tried sending an email and worked without a problem - using thunderbird

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Like wise my email client on all my devices are working without problem and have done so for the past 20 plus years so it would not appear to be a wide spread issue. It generally only affects some accounts and usually clears its self in a day or two. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

@gg30340 wrote:

Like wise my email client on all my devices are working without problem and have done so for the past 20 plus years so it would not appear to be a wide spread issue.

Ditto.

Not a generic problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

My Andriod phone has started sending again....took Thunderbird somewhat longer before it too started sending.

The wonders of BTmail 😜

0 Ratings