Work around for email client not downloading emails after recent Yahoo crash
After the recent outage, I found that no email client would download the emails dated after 4th September from one of my accounts, although they were clearly there when the web browser was used. Other accounts all worked correctly
Ive found a bizarre work around.
On the web browser interface for the affected email address, I set up a rule so that any incoming email with a "@" in the 'from' field would be directed to the inbox (ie where it goes by default) Now, new incoming mail is again being downloaded by both Outlook and GMail clients on PC and phone
Ive no idea why, interested if anyone can explain this