Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mark_S_G
Message 1 of 4

Yahoo Email SPAM Filter

Go to solution

Does anyone know how the spam filter in BT Yahoo e-mail is supposed to work - or even if it works at all?  I get a lot of mail in my spam folder.  In web mail, I click on the 3 dots in the spam folder and choose the block sender option.  In the pop up screen I check "block all future e-mails" and "delete existing conversations".  When I click on OK, the spam folder empties for a moment or two but then the same e-mails re-appear.  This keeps happening no matter how many times I use the block senders option.  The e-mails don't disappear until I use the delete button to get rid of them. 

I can see the offending e-mail addresses appear in my blocked senders list - but then I get more  spam e-mails from them.  I have checked and the new e-mails are from exactly the same e-mail addresses as are in the blocked list so the filter doesn't appear to have any effect.

All I want is to block spam email addresses so they don't appear in any of my folders.  Any advice on how I can do this would be much appreciated.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yahoo Email SPAM Filter

Go to solution

Using the "Block email" on spam email is a waste of time. Although you are blocking the email address, if you check the email address by hovering your mouse over it or right clicking on it you will more than likely see that every one of the "same" email address is a different email address.

I don't use BTYahoo email so I don;t know if you have a "mark as spam" button but if you do you should use that. If not you should just transfer them to your spam box and delete them.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@Mark_S_Gwrote:

Does anyone know how the spam filter in BT Yahoo e-mail is supposed to work - or even if it works at all?  I get a lot of mail in my spam folder.  In web mail, I click on the 3 dots in the spam folder and choose the block sender option.  In the pop up screen I check "block all future e-mails" and "delete existing conversations".  When I click on OK, the spam folder empties for a moment or two but then the same e-mails re-appear.  This keeps happening no matter how many times I use the block senders option.  The e-mails don't disappear until I use the delete button to get rid of them. 

I can see the offending e-mail addresses appear in my blocked senders list - but then I get more  spam e-mails from them.  I have checked and the new e-mails are from exactly the same e-mail addresses as are in the blocked list so the filter doesn't appear to have any effect.

All I want is to block spam email addresses so they don't appear in any of my folders.  Any advice on how I can do this would be much appreciated.

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Are these spam messages "typical" spam rather than corporate spam from a known company?

Adding addresses to a block list is typically of no use as spammers don't use their own addresses and spoof "From" addresses each time.

Are the addresses definately the same each time? Many times spammers use tricks like using a 1 (number one) for letter l (ell) etc - so they can look to be the same.

Failing that, it sounds like the system isn't working at all!

0 Ratings
Mark_S_G
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Yes, the e-mail addresses are exactly the same each time. As you say, the yahoo e-mail spam filter doesn't do anything.
0 Ratings