Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bec1
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Yahoo Mail redirecting to BT Webmail

Go to solution

Since last Thursday (5th Sept) I have been having issues with my Talk21 email address. It started with Outlook phone app no being able to open any emails from this account despite me having it as an added account on Outlook for several years. It was then redirecting me to a browser link to try and log-in there.

I deleted the Talk21 account from the Outlook app as it made the app unusable. I then downloaded the Yahoo mail app, but that also does not work properly. When I enter my email address to log-in it sent me to exactly the same screen to try and log-in via a web browser (picture of the screen below). Now everytime I try and log-in via an app it takes me to the link for the web browser to log-in instead. This has been the same for 1 week now. 

Capture.GIF

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yahoo Mail redirecting to BT Webmail

Go to solution

@bec1 

Are you a current BT Broadband customer, or are you paying for BT Premium mail?

If not, then your account would have been deleted as part of the ongoing process to remove accounts which are no longer being paid for, or owned by BT Broadband customers.

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44499/~/why-has-my-email-address-been-suspended-or-de...

The direct link via Yahoo was removed some time ago, so all requests now go to the BT Login page.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

You can no longer use the Yahoo app or the Yahoo email server settings in an email client such as Outlook. You also can not use the Yahoo log on page to access BTYahoo email accounts.

You must use the BT logon page and the BT server settings as per the following link if you are using an email client/app.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/6591

If you are using an email client /app you are best to set it up manually using the above settings rather than using the wizard which may enter the incorrect settings.

bec1
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you! POP3 settings seem to have worked, just waiting for it to download emails and then I will confirm for sure. Thank you for your quick reply, was really helpful!
0 Ratings
bec1
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Hi, I don't think it has been deleted but this explanation is very helpful. The POP3 solution seems to have worked. Thank you for your quick reply.
0 Ratings