cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 61 of 133

Re: Yahoo email hack - are BT Yahoo accounts affected?

Capture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

If you click Manage BT Yahoo Mail in the first image you get a page containing the second image.

Under Your email addresses I get all my BT Yahoo email addresses listed with the options to link them to your ID and  to change their passwords without needing to put in any further security details.

This 2nd page incorrectly is headed BT Mail but I have categorically not been migrated to BT Mail.

I have complained about this in another thread. BT seems to have screwed up again.

If you wish to follow this discussion start a new thread as we have hijacked this thread too much already.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 62 of 133

I don't get that option.

ymail.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 63 of 133

vofsanity2

You would appear to be somewhere between BTYahoo and BTMail. When you get migrated from BTYahoo to BTMail you get given the option to link them to your BTID or to gift them to another person who can then set up their own BTID and link it to them. 

What licquorice has shown is what "normal" BTYahoo email holders would see.

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 64 of 133

@gg30340 wrote:

vofsanity2

You would appear to be somewhere between BTYahoo and BTMail. When you get migrated from BTYahoo to BTMail you get given the option to link them to your BTID or to gift them to another person who can then set up their own BTID and link it to them. 

What licquorice has shown is what "normal" BTYahoo email holders would see.

It is debatable who is normal. To avoid hijacking this thread see the explanation in

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Mail-checker-reporting-on-BTMail-when-on-BT-Yahoo-mail/m-p/1667436...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 65 of 133

Based upon what the moderators said and the links that were posted about how to change passwords etc I would suggest that "normal" is what licquorice has and what you have is not "normal", if it were BT would not have to show two different ways to change passwords depending on whether you are on BTYahoo or BTMail.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 66 of 133

It would be interesting if any contributor still on BTYahoo could confirm which of the 2 variants of screenshot they are presented with when logging in to MyBT and navigating to the extras page.

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 67 of 133

Yahoo hack only a minority of BT customers affected ?

In a statement, BT said: "A minority of BT Broadband customers have a legacy email product from Yahoo. We advise customers generally to reset their password regularly and we will be contacting affected customers specifically to help them keep their information safe."

This raises two questions:

1. How big is the minority ?   A percentage or to the nearest 100,000 would do.

2. When  and how will affected customers be specifically contacted. 

0 Ratings
iNathan
Message 68 of 133

Re: Yahoo hack only a minority of BT customers affected ?

BT have started emailing those they believe are affected. Given that this is the biggest breach in history, I expect everyone to be impacted.

Since they cannot prove who has and hasn't been hacked no one can challenge them on their "minority" statement, that way they get to save face too.

0 Ratings
surfer157
Aspiring Contributor
Message 69 of 133

We are still on Yahoo - my husband, the primary, hasn't had any notification on either the primary account or his other ( a sub) . I had a notification today  on one of my two, which are subs, and so has my daughter. We can't see any particular logic to the order in which we are ( or not) getting the email. Changing it via the BT.com website was simple and  we sub holders could do so ourselves - previously it could only seem to be done via the primary ( or in the case of one of my daughters compromised account last year, via India). 

0 Ratings
Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 70 of 133

I have changed my email password using the link provided (Windows pc). I have also done so on my iphone and seemed ok.

I waited at least 15 minutes but then could not log into BT Sport (same password for everything with BT). I have now been advised that I've failed three attempts to log in so been temporarilly suspended.

What the hell am I suppsoed to do now? Wait until I can log in again and use the forgot password link even though I have just changed my password successfully!!

0 Ratings