cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matra
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Yahoo mail app for iPhone

Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help.  My account was apparently compromised so I was asked to change my password which i successfully did.  After having used the Yahoo mail app to access several different mail providers accounts it appears to have stopped working.  

This happened to my husbands account a few weeks ago and it took me ages to sort and to be honest i have no idea how i sorted it but it now works perfectly again.  

Does anyone have any tips to save me wasting hours of my life again...:)

Below is the message i get when trying to log into the app.

Thanks for reading

If you're using an internet browser you may be using an old link go to https://www.bt.com/email - ( this link takes me to the bt mail log in page)

Setting up email?

It looks like you have selected 'yahoo' when setting up your email, please select 'other' (it only shows Gmail, AOL and outlook) and then enter your email and password.

Using the Yahoo mail mobile app?

Sorry we don't support new setups via the app anymore

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yahoo mail app for iPhone

@Matra 

The app is no longer supported.

There are plenty of other email apps that can be configured to receive BT Mail.

0 Ratings
Matra
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Keith.  Strange how i managed to get my husbands to work.

I'll check out other apps.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

0 Ratings
Matra
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thank you. 

I followed the instruction on the link that you attached and have set up my e-mail accounts in iOS mail.  I have no problem receiving e-mails on my phone but i am unable to send from my BT address on my mobile device  (other accounts send fine but BT is my primary account).  It would appear that i can only send when connected to my home wifi.  The IMAP setting appear to read as they should for both incoming & outgoing mail.

For reference i also tried to set everything up using iOS Outlook but the same situation happened.

Any further tips?

0 Ratings