Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DIZ223
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Yahoo mail login

Go to solution

Have had email with BT for years. As everyone knows you can either be with Yahoo mail or BT mail and they DO NOT mix.  So can anyone explain why today (as with many times before) I enter my email address with yahoo mail and it defaults to BT mail for password, which obviously is incorrect.  I have tried deleting cookies, rebooting etc to no avail.  This is not the first time this has happened (many, many times before) but it is very, very annoying.  Anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yahoo mail login

Go to solution

This is not a problem as if you enter the password, you will be able to access your mail. BT have fixed an issue where now they seem to only allow the correct supported login method.

If you are logging into webmail whether your are on BT Yahoo Mail or BT Mail, you should only use bt.com/email

This is the only method they officially support - while you were allowed to login directly from mail.yahoo.com before, if you enter a bt domain name, now it redirects you to login from bt.com/email instead.

Bookmark the bt.com page as the way to login to email and not use yahoo page. You will find when you ring BT with issues, they may support you better now as you are using the recommended method.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
0 Ratings
DIZ223
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I am sorry, I obviously didn't make myself clear.  I log in via Yahoo (as I always do) and it loaded BT mail for password.  My password will not work with BT mail, only Yahoo mail (doesn't matter how many times I try or delete cookies/reboot  etc).  Even if I use BT mail via their web site/or links etc it will not recognise my email password.  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Are you talking about an @btinternet.com email address or a @Yahoo.com email address? 

0 Ratings
DIZ223
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@btinternet.com

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Then you shouldn't be logging in via Yahoo. The url I posted is common to both BTYahoo and BT mail. If it doesn't accept your password, select the forgotten password option at the login prompt and change your password.

0 Ratings