cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taffy078
Expert
Message 1 of 4

Yahoo's security certificate "was not issued by a trusted certificate authority" !!!!

Go to solution

That's what IE told me when I tried to log on to my BTYahoo mail at 15:22 GMT today.

I've not seen a warning like that before - I couldn't log on for about 15 minutes. I have a screen print of it if anyone wants to see it (if I knew how to send an attachment here!).

Has anyone else had this problem today? Is it important/relevant?

Perhaps I'm overreacting because of this thread: http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/BT-email-accounts-hacked/td-p/796762

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Jonkarra
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yahoo's security certificate "was not issued by a trusted certificate authority" !!!!

Go to solution

Where were you trying to access from at the time? I dont see anything on the register to point to a yahoo email outage. If you at any point entered your login credentials change your password pronto. Thats exactly the sort of message I would expect to see if someone was trying to conduct a man in the middle attack.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 3 of 4

Re: Yahoo's security certificate "was not issued by a trusted certificate authority" !!!!

Go to solution

Hi Jonkarra. I've only just picked this up - I'm no longer receiving system emails when someone replies. I hope that's not a danger sign.

I logged on from my PC in the usual way. I'll change my password again - fingers crossed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

The email issue is a known problem reported here and elsewhere on the forum. You can use another domain address temporarily - I've set up a Hotmail account to forward messages to my btinternet.com one, which works seamlessly.

EDIT: Just seen this was already answered in one of your other threads.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings