cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 9

Yahoo security breach

As we can see on the news Yahoo had a huge data breach, my question is as BT used Yahoo for Email for customers has this breach also affected BT customers with older email accounts?

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Yahoo security breach

Given that this breach happened in 2013 and that BTYahoo is only a badged Yahoo account it would be fair to assume that the answer is yes.

It would also be fair to assume that anybody migrated from BTYahoo to BTMail would also be affected because the migration did not start until 2014.

As always, if you have not changed your password and security questions since 2013, you should consider doing it now.

Highlighted
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 9

Thought that might be the case.

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

If only BT got their act together.

My email says BT Yahoo

The link to check which email provider I have and it says BT.

Then BT send out an email with links to change passwords, there can't be a worse practice as emails with links like that are usually scams. Just give instructions how to log on and change passwords.

0 Ratings
Rogerdodge51
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

When are BT going to migrate the remainder of us unfortunates away from the Yahoo platform ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

That has been asked many times. If you search through the forum you will find the answer to that.

0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

But nothing conclusive.

0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

It also annoys me that I removed all my disposable addresses as we were told a long time ago that they would not be available imminently. Fair enough they have changed their mind but I am unable to put the original disposable addresses back.

I an told by BT it is not technically possible. No it is not !

0 Ratings