Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Your BT Email address no longer exists

Go to solution

Hello,

I am in tears as I write this I don't know what to do. I went to log in to my @btinternet.com email address last week and it said

Sorry

Your BT Mail address no longer exists but you can sign up to another one at any time in My BT.

I phone BT. They tried resetting my password which didn't work so said an engineer would call me the next day. He called, tried a few things, talked me through what to do but was unable to fix it so said another engineer would call me two days later. That engineer called and said my email had been permanently deleted as I hadn't logged in since March which is inaccurate as I use that email weekly.

I desperately need access to those emails. My whole life is on hold and my work is disrupted until I can. I had zero warning about my account being deleted. I am so upset and desperate. Please can anybody help?

Thank you

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Your BT Email address no longer exists

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

@amymatthews wrote:

Hello,

@I am in tears as I write this I don't know what to do. I went to log in to my @btinternet.com email address last week and it said

Sorry

Your BT Mail address no longer exists but you can sign up to another one at any time in My BT.

I phone BT. They tried resetting my password which didn't work so said an engineer would call me the next day. He called, tried a few things, talked me through what to do but was unable to fix it so said another engineer would call me two days later. That engineer called and said my email had been permanently deleted as I hadn't logged in since March which is inaccurate as I use that email weekly.

I desperately need access to those emails. My whole life is on hold and my work is disrupted until I can. I had zero warning about my account being deleted. I am so upset and desperate. Please can anybody help?

Thank you

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Can you confirm how you were accessing the emails? Was it via an app, webmail or a pc/laptop mail client?

What do you get when you try to login via :-

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hello

Mainly via my laptop (www.bt.com/email) or the same way but via the browser on my phone. I get the exact same message when trying that link

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @amymatthews,

If you were actively using your email address then it shouldn't have been deleted. If you send me in your details I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @amymatthews this is a quick update to let you know that I haven't forgotten about you. I'm chasing this with our email team and as soon as I have an update I'll give you a call.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to @NeilO and all the email team for fixing this for me! You've gone above and beyond and I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am! It was so stressful not being able to access my emails especially at Christmas but I am so so relieved it is back up and running! Wishing you all a very very Christmas and many many thanks

Amy x

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@amymatthews wrote:

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to @NeilO and all the email team for fixing this for me! You've gone above and beyond and I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am! It was so stressful not being able to access my emails especially at Christmas but I am so so relieved it is back up and running! Wishing you all a very very Christmas and many many thanks

Amy x

That's excellent news.

Were all of your emails still there, as well as any probable new ones since you were last able to access it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
All emails including new ones all there!
0 Ratings