cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frieda16
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Your BT Mail address no longer exists - can anyone sort this out ?

Go to solution

When I try to log on to my BT email via BT login I get the message 'Your BT Mail address no longer exists but you can sign up to another one at any time in My BT'.

1. My email clearly does exist because it is still working  and 2. I do  not want another email address.

Question: Any ideas - how does one get this ridiculous/ but worrying situation resolved?  When I contacted BT some time ago no help was forthcoming.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Your BT Mail address no longer exists - can anyone sort this out ?

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Frieda16
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution
Many thanks for the link Keith, I will check it out. Regards
0 Ratings
Frieda16
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

Many thanks for the link Keith but the solution not work from stage No. 5. Unfortunatley my email which BT says ' allegedly no longer exists' was not listed at this stage under my account so I had no chance to reinstate it. Was I doing something wrong? So at this point I seem to be back to square one. Any help or other suggestions will be most gratefully recieved. Thanks.

(P.S. Suprisingly,  I do not want to pay for a Premium BT email account if that's the only solution on offer!).

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

@Frieda16wrote:

Many thanks for the link Keith but the solution not work from stage No. 5. Unfortunatley my email which BT says ' allegedly no longer exists' was not listed at this stage under my account so I had no chance to reinstate it. Was I doing something wrong? So at this point I seem to be back to square one. Any help or other suggestions will be most gratefully recieved. Thanks.

(P.S. Suprisingly,  I do not want to pay for a Premium BT email account if that's the only solution on offer!).

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Are you a BT Broadband customer? I assume the email address is not associated with the account?

Do you use webmail or an app/client? When did you first notice the issue arise?

0 Ratings
Frieda16
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

Hello Andy, thanks for your very swift reply.

I am a broadband customer and have been for years. The email address is associated with the account. I use this email on a daily basis in Microsoft Outlook.  I first noticed this issue, probably a year or so ago and did nothign about it because it continued to work and still does even though when I try to access it via my login on the BT web site it says it no longer exists. I am concerned that it will just shut down one day and I will lose it all together.

Its a really odd situation but reading some of the posts on this forum I think there are others who had had the same problem.

Many thanks for your attention.

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

@Frieda16wrote:

Hello Andy, thanks for your very swift reply.

I am a broadband customer and have been for years. The email address is associated with the account. I use this email on a daily basis in Microsoft Outlook.  I first noticed this issue, probably a year or so ago and did nothign about it because it continued to work and still does even though when I try to access it via my login on the BT web site it says it no longer exists. I am concerned that it will just shut down one day and I will lose it all together.

Its a really odd situation but reading some of the posts on this forum I think there are others who had had the same problem.

Many thanks for your attention.

Thanks for the info.

To me you will need moderator assistance to do system checks for your account.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

@Frieda16  Does the direct login here work?

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

@Frieda16 I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team and we'll be happy get this looked into.

0 Ratings
Frieda16
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks for your message Andy.  I am going to try to get moderators help. Many thanks

0 Ratings