cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Your Btinternet account settings are out of date

There was a change to myBT initial screen this year.

I keep getting 'your BTinternet account settings are out of date' in NOTIFICATIONS.

In investigation of this I get:

We couldn't access this account Btinternet. You might need to update the account or give account permission to sync.

I seem to be able to do my normal emails.

Windows 10

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Your Btinternet account settings are out of date

Have you tried clearing the cookies and history of your browser. 

If you are using Microsoft Edge you can do this by clicking on the three dots at the top left of the web page then go to Settings > Privacy, search and services. Scroll down to "Clear Browsing Data" then Clear Browsing Data Now > Choose what to clear > Select "From All time" and tick the first four boxes then tick "Clear Now".

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Did not fix the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Still not fixed. Facebook?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@wac wrote:

Still not fixed. Facebook?

Facebook ... what?

A bit more details would be of assistance.

What is the webpage you are referring to when you say " myBT initial screen this year." Is it the BT home page , the MyBT log on page, the BTMail logon page or some other page.

If it is when you try to use your email account how are you accessing your BT Internet account? Is it on a browser or by using an email client/app and if so which one?

What is giving you the "Notification". Is it you browser or email client/app or your antivirus program or something else?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

The Notification is at extreme right of screen where I also see  'Support Assist' etc.

If I select the 'your Btinternet ......'  text then I get a new window/screen in 3 sections:-

left : Inbox Btinternet 

middle: From   (list of facebook emails sent to me

right: Screen saver 

--

Text message : yellow 

We could not access this account Btinternet   you might need to update your password or sync to this device

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

PROBLEM RESOLVED !! ANOTHER QUERY!

Some time ago, weeks before I contacted BT COMMUNITY I believe I was asked to change password after logging into myBT. I think I started this but 'had cold feet / chicken out' and aborted it

I think this caused the problem.

I was able to login to myBT normally but BT EMAIL failed (PASSWORD)

I now, eventually, have CHANGED PASSWORD of EMAIL . I went through the various helps to find out how to do this, and believe I did it without any issues.

My only query now is that for unknown reason my EMAIL and my myBT both have this new password.

I had expected the myBT to be unaffected

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

If your BT email address is also your MyBT logon, when you change the password via your MyBT it will automatically change your MyBT and BTMail password to be the same.

If you want to only change the email password you need to log onto your BTMail email account using the direct log on page BTMail 

Once logged on you need to click on your user name at the top right then go to "Account Info" and then click on "Change my Password" and follow the prompts

0 Ratings