So I have a number of email addresses shared by my family and usually when I get this message I just go into the email management I have access to and reset them to be available if they haven't used them recently. Kids eh who'd have them?
So today I got a message from the system suggesting that
firstname.lastname@example.org was not used in the last 90 days and would be removed b ut the only email address relevant is email@example.com and its not actually got any options to reset it. Is there something i'm missing here. The person whose email it is does not use it very often except for checking for history but they are out of contact with me at present so I would normally as I say reset it.
Any ideas anyone?.
Edit: Ok so I've noticed that my ability to reset does not occur until 90 days has gone but its still odd that the email address I have in my list is not yet reporting an issue. I've got it at 60 days as it says the user have 30 days to reset.
You get a reminder at 60, 90 and 120 days if you havn't used your email address. The email gets deleted at 150 days.
You cant make another email active apart from showing some sort of usage on that inactive email which would require you to know the password.
I have reported the reminder emails could be clearer in language and got a response saying more simple English on those comms is being worked on!
the email addresses @btopenworld.com and @btinternet.com are one and the same for sending receiving emails. if they are used as emails in a login scenario then they are treated as different
1. I definitely managed to reset the emails in the managers list a while ago not sure how long they had been in relapse though. I think it was at <90 days though!.
2. The odd thing on the btopenworld / btinternet monikers I only got the email suggesting the btopenworld id not the btinternet one.
I have never personally used the openworld id - having worked for BT over 10 years ago i did know what it was - and I know that the email affected has never been used as an openworld id so it's interesting that BT systems would use that rather than the users actual email id they use.
Surely some people managing these emails might be fooled into thinking it was a spam item and ignore it if it does not refer to anything in the list of emails they manage. On the list front there is nothing that I could see indicating there was an issue with the id's that were listed after getting the email notifications.
Thanks for your help though.