cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Your message looks like SPAM or has been reported as SPAM (policy 3.2.1.1)

@stoem wrote:

Has this ever been resolved?

I too run a business and we are having the EXACT same problem. Emails to BTInternet addresses get rejected with 'Looked Like Spam' messages even though they are not spam but either invoice emails or other communications which the customer WANTS to receive.

Did the OP manage to resolve this? I feel like one quick call to a senior BT engineer who can whitelist us as a sender would resolve this. We send using a dedicated IP that is clean, not in any blocklists and has the highest sender reputation possible.

Have you check that you are complying with the information in the link in Message 2 and have you contacted the BT postmaster. If not I suggest that you do that.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Yes we have covered all that, use a static IP, have an excellent sender reputation and deliver 99.7% of emails successfully. The last 0.3% of failed messages are almost exclusively hard bounces (misspellings) or BTInternet addresses...
0.3% does not sound much much it is hundreds every week.

I've emailed the BT Postmaster address for advice and possible whitelisting.

As a background, we send messages from our system to (mainly) dance schools students in the UK. It is the dance school themselves that send these messages, usually invoice emails, payment receipts, timetables and general messages. We have no issues with any specific ISP, provider or domain apart from BTInternet.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

This thread seems to have petered out with no real answer to the problem caused by BT’s policy 3.2.1.1. Like every other operator complaining of the issue, I represent an organisation using a private server - with fixed IPv4 and IPv6 addresses - with a requirement to send occasional news messages to our 320+ members, 50 of whom use talk21.com, btinternet.com or btopenworld.com email addresses. I have tried several times to contact postmaster@bt.com but have received no reply. Our server complies with every requirement of the BT guidance linked earlier in this thread. The server has SPF, DKIM and DMARC correctly configured. Nevertheless, every email to one of the affected addresses from my SerialMailer app is rejected … although the same message sent from my Mail.app  using exactly the same criteria and server is accepted for delivery.

What has BT got against small operators that need to communicate with individuals with BT-hosted addresses?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

The BT Postmaster is particularly bad at responding to emails timeously so you should keep emailing the BT Postmaster until you do get a reply and they will eventually white list your server if it complies with their criteria.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Previous posters' experiences that have been elucidated in this thread do not bode well for any improvement in the speed of response from the BT Postmaster! Do you, @gg30340, have any influence within the company?  I shall take your advice and continue to send a series of emails on a daily basis, in the hope that someone might actually exist at the end of that email address!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

I am not employed nor have I ever been employed by BT and I have no influence in any way with the BT company. 

Message 17 of 18

@PlymouthExpat  I've sent you a PM.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Yes, @stoem, I noticed that you sent a PM. I now have all the solutions I need, thank you, so shall not be taking you up on your offer. Anything else you wish to add, please add it in this thread.

The BT postmaster team has dealt with the issue and my server is now whitelisted.