cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

ZIP FILES

Go to solution

Having created a compressed ZIP File on a Mac with a batch of photographs when I try to send it with an email the error comes back that the file is over 25Mb and will not load.

Very frustrating, as if this is not resolved, with help on here, I will have to resize every photo one by one before sending them.

I have had ZIP Files sent to me and they open with no problem, so wh not the reverse?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: ZIP FILES

Go to solution

No need to resize them individually, just send in 2 batches of less than 25MB

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Hi there, There will be more than 2 batches involved. I thought that the compression in the ZIP FILES would be what was read and not the unshrunk contents. No point to the ZIP FILES if I have to adjust each photo.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@WoodySenior2011 wrote:
 I thought that the compression in the ZIP FILES would be what was read and not the unshrunk contents.

It is, but if the compressed file is over 25MB it won't send.

If the photos are in JPG format, zipping them will have no effect anyway as they are already compressed.

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Yes, they are all jpg so it looks like I will have to reduce them all before attempting to send them. Easy enough and done before to send 3 or 4 photos, but I thought ZIP FILES would work on a big batch, but just time-consuming. Learning all the time even at 76. LOL. Thanks for your response.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @WoodySenior2011 👋

I don't know if this suggestion would be more of a ball acher for you 🤔....
Every weekend I send my Dad an email (through my Yahoo account - with Max 25MB) with all the 'funny' pictures I see on Facebook,Twitter etc as he isn't on these sites (he is 81 and I wouldn't trust him on social media as he has NO filter 🙄😂) and I like to give him a laugh.
What I do is copy and paste the images into the body of the email rather than add them as attachments.
I usually resize the images so that there are 2 - 3 on each line.
Sometimes there is >50 images added and the email is only 2 - 5MB each time.
So if you open the pics you want to send and copy/paste them into an email the recipient can then 'Save as' each image.
Like I say, it is probably a longer process but the size of the final email is so much smaller.😁

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Hi there,
I have used that route plenty of times when just a few photos etc. to send, but this was a large batch of my storm damaged roof for a builder to assess.
I reduced them all to around 2.5 Mb and sent them 6 at a time and they all went with no problem.
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

You could instead upload the file(s) to an online storage site such as Dropbox or any similar service of your choice. Then all you need to put in the email is a link to the uploaded file.

0 Ratings