Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
delivery_bod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

accessing BT mail via Norton VPN over EE mobile network on a windows 10 laptop

Go to solution

I have a new HP windows 10 laptop with Norton Security & Norton VPN. I use a EE mobile connection to the internet.

When I start up Outlook (2019) on my laptop it will only download email if the Norton VPN is off.

Any ideas why ?

How can I get it to work with VPN on?

The issue is defintiely Norton VPN as toggling it allows Outlook to work or not.

The Norton VPN is set to use a UK access point rather than one outside of the UK.

Any advice or constructive comments about VPNs and how to overcome this issue welcome!

Thanks,

Graham.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
delivery_bod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: accessing BT mail via Norton VPN over EE mobile network on a windows 10 laptop

Go to solution
the error message is:

Task '***_*******@btinternet.com (1) - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Does that help?
0 Ratings
delivery_bod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: accessing BT mail via Norton VPN over EE mobile network on a windows 10 laptop

Go to solution

Eventually traced the problem to the timeouts associated with the server settings.

Default is 1 minute changed it to 3minutes 10seconds and it now works!!

Took awhile to find out how to change the settings in Outlook 2019 though.

Open Outlook 2019, select File tab, go to account settings, and again account settings, select an email account, select repair, select repair manually, select NEXT, select Let me repair my account manually, select Outgoing mail, now change the Server Timeouts using the slide bar. Select NEXT, Select Done. Repeat for every account. Then Close. Should work now if the timeouts are long enough.

If you make the timeout very long and it still doesn't work then this isn't likely to be the problem.

0 Ratings