cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VJW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 26

Re: all sent messages deleted by server

If you find an answer then please let me know as it's a nightmare and I have completely lost confidence in  BT email's reliability and presumably security - this shouldn't happen, and it's not cheap!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 26

@VJWwrote:

If you find an answer then please let me know as it's a nightmare and I have completely lost confidence in  BT email's reliability and presumably security - this shouldn't happen, and it's not cheap!

Hi.

You didn't answer the question whether you may have deleted them from the sent folder on any device you use to connect to email.

Do you have any rules set up that may "move" emails to other folders etc?

What devices do you use apart from the Mac?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
VJW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 26

No, not deleted on my iPhone, which is the only other device I use to receive emails. However, the phone Sent messages are only those emails sent from the phone, there's no record of those sent from the Mac - and vice versa - so sadly I can't use the phone to get my sent messages back. I have no rules or filters set up. The sent messages (and oddly not messages from trash or inbox) all disappeared after a password reset. Thank you

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 26

It sounds like you are using the POP3 protocol on your iPhone. This protocol does not synchronise across all devices so any sent messages on the iPhone would not show on your other devices or on webmail. 

Can you still send and receive emails on your iPhone.

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 15 of 26

To add to this.

I have not changed any settings over the years.

I use Thunderbird but found today that all SENT messages had disappeared.

Checked direct into BT Yahoo mail & again all SENT messages have disappeared.

What can the MODs do about this as I believe it's a serious problem?

0 Ratings
VJW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 26

Yes, everything is working now. The sent emails didn't send, so i changed my password and then they all disappeared, but now it's all working. 

0 Ratings
VJW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 26

I'm on IMAP, so it's all very confusing as to why the sent emails disappeared - as far as I can work out, this shouldn't have happened! 

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 18 of 26

I still have the problem.

All sent messages, except today's have disappeared.

0 Ratings
VJW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 26

My problem lasted for about a week and has now stopped, but I am concerned that it could happen at any time if the BTinternet services are rather hit and miss

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 26

@VJWwrote:

Yes, everything is working now. The sent emails didn't send, so i changed my password and then they all disappeared, but now it's all working. 

Is it still the case that the sent emails are still missing?

If the emails you were trying to send failed, were they in an Outbox? Did you delete anything from there?

A password change wasn't really needed, as has been said on a vast number of occasions in this forum. For access failures, the advice is to do nothing.

Anyway - changing the password clearly helped for now, and that would initiate a send process to restart. Any waiting to be sent would do so (from any device).

0 Ratings