Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
VJW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 26

Re: all sent messages deleted by server

Yes, the messages are still missing. The ones in Outbox then sent successfully after the password change, but all the ones in the Sent box were deleted. I changed the password as I had been hacked so thought it best.....  Incidentally, and this may or may not be relevant, all my Trash messages are deleted after a couple of weeks, despite me doing everything I can to stop this happening, it continues.  They are nowhere to be found and BTYahoo are unable to restore them. I've reluctantly learned to live with this, but the loss of the Sent messages is yet another frustration. I may change to another internet provider as I need reliability.

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 22 of 26

Andy,

Reply from Johnoo

When I switched on this morning I found that all SENT mail had disappeared.

This is still the case.

I do not know whether mails i have sent have failed.

Most important mails I send I move the SENT copy out into separate Folders & these appear to be OK.

But other than the SENT mails that I have moved to other folders all my mail SENT history has been removed.

I understand that a message has been sent to the MODS, & I await any action.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 26

Hi @Johnoo and @VJW,

Thank you for posting and highlight this issue. I'm sorry your sent emails are missing. I can totally understand your frustration.

I've been in contact with the BT Email team, they're looking into this. In order to help with their investigation, they asked if you could provide a few details?

I'll send you a private message in the next few minutes with instructions on how to contact me. You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Once I have your details, I'll get this passed to the email team.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 26

@VJWwrote:

Yes, the messages are still missing. The ones in Outbox then sent successfully after the password change, but all the ones in the Sent box were deleted. I changed the password as I had been hacked so thought it best.....  Incidentally, and this may or may not be relevant, all my Trash messages are deleted after a couple of weeks, despite me doing everything I can to stop this happening, it continues.  They are nowhere to be found and BTYahoo are unable to restore them. I've reluctantly learned to live with this, but the loss of the Sent messages is yet another frustration. I may change to another internet provider as I need reliability.

How do you know you were hacked?

AFAIK, trash gets emptied on a rolling 30 days.

Why not use Gmail? There's no need to move provider to do that, and you would then not be tied to an ISP. Other providers can use external mail providers, e.g Sky uses Yahoo ...

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 25 of 26

Paddy,

PM replied to.

Just now awaiting your response.

Regards

Johnoo

Johnoo
Expert
Message 26 of 26

VJW,

If you did not send data to Paddy the MOD., I urge you to do so.

Because I did & BT/Yahoo  took action & restored my SENT Folder.

Hope this helps

0 Ratings