cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

blocked emailaccount

recently changed abroad from ADSL to fibre (this will also change the account with the provider). All's working fine except send/receive emial from the BT mailserver. On 4G and somebody else his internet connection no problems. Seems my new account is blocked out by BT. What to do?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: blocked emailaccount

Hi @henfelin thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your BT email. Are you using an email client or webmail to send and receive emails? 

If you log in to webmail at www.bt.com/email are you able to send and receive emails from there?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Yes no problem at all. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Hi, @henfelin thanks for doing that, as it works on webmail it proves your email account is not blocked. Are you having issues when using an email client? 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Several email clients eg Outlook, Windows Mail, Apple Mail (IPhone Pro, iPad Pro). All do not send/receive BT mail when connected to my router. They all work fine with other (non BT) mail accounts. When they are connected to 4G or another router (in another house) they work fine. So it looks like my IP adress is blocked for some reason.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Hi @henfelin thanks for confirming that, can you try turning off your BT Home Hub for 5 minutes then turn it on again. The IP addresses are dynamic so you should be allocated a new one. 

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Sorry can’t be done. I’m presently living in the Netherlands. I have restarted my router already several times to no avail.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

@henfelin have you tried reporting this to your ISP in the Netherlands? I'm afraid I can't offer you any further advice as it works via webmail, sorry. 

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Are you a BT Broadband customer or paying for a BT Premium email account?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

BT broadband 

0 Ratings