cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eatonsmith
Message 11 of 16

Re: bt email IMAP and SMTP stopped working

Go to solution

Hi I'm on Yahoo email and can see on some other threads that this is where problems often occur. 

Do I need to just sit and wait until BT synchronises whatever it needs to synchronise?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Basically, yes, as long as you can still access webmail ok.

0 Ratings
eatonsmith
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

Sigh! I think what's most frustrating is BT just not admitting that this is anything to do with them!

Thanks for the advice and I'll just sit tight and see what happens. If it gets to a week I may try readding my email...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
smami01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

Well it happened to me too many times.  I now have a paid for mailbox with another isp and I set up my bt email to forward anything that arrives there.  

0 Ratings
eatonsmith
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

Has just happened again. Worked again last Monday without me changing anything..all fine and then stopped again today. I think I'll adopt your forwarding approach and gradually end all my bt email use. It's daft really but it has been one of the things that kept me with BT all these years....won't be the case in the future!

0 Ratings
smami01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

I agree it is a shame but the refusal to accept that the servcie supports standard protocols (SNMP / IMAP) or investigate makes it unacceptable.