cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 11

bt yahoo email alias

Hi all I am sure this has been posted many times here before but i would like clarification on this please can a mod clarify this for me. 

I have a bt yahoo email account on the settings page I can see 2 alias email account connected to it they are as follows:

*****@btinternet.com (this is my main email address)

*****@btopenworld.com (alias email address)

*****11@yahoo.com(alias email address). 

so basically there are two email alias connected to the account I have tried to delete the two but each time they keep coming back and can't be deleted I have read through a few threads here and others seem to say these email address are there by default etc. 

what I want to clarify is there is a old thread which I found here is the link:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Can-t-delete-an-Alias-that-I-didn-t-set-up/td-p/1667701/highlight/...

if you read the post by "dw79" which I quote below:

Re: Can't delete an 'Alias' that I didn't set up
I originally started this post and it has been resolved. I raised it as an issue with the moderators and had a call from someone called Patrick from BT. He confirmed it was not anything suspicious and was something to do with being able to use yahoo services. Patrick was able to remove the alias for me. Hope this helps.

it states that one of the mods was able to remove these two alias from his account. This has been bothering me for a long time please please can a Mod on here reply to this thread and clarify if this is possible?

Lastly please can a mod also offer me a link to pm him as I would like to ask one final question in private thanks all. 
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: bt yahoo email alias

Hi @Anonymous welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'll send you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team and we'll be happy to help.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 11

@Anonymouswrote:

Hi all I am sure this has been posted many times here before but i would like clarification on this please can a mod clarify this for me. 

I have a bt yahoo email account on the settings page I can see 2 alias email account connected to it they are as follows:

*****@btinternet.com (this is my main email address)

*****@btopenworld.com (alias email address)

*****11@yahoo.com(alias email address). 

so basically there are two email alias connected to the account I have tried to delete the two but each time they keep coming back and can't be deleted I have read through a few threads here and others seem to say these email address are there by default etc. 

The BTinternet and BTopenworld addresses are effectively the same and are interchangeable with resepect to email sending and receiving (they are different however if used to login to other websites).

The Yahoo address is an internal system address used for handoffs due to Yahoo handling some of BTinternet email accounts - it's an address that can't be used and us nothing to worry about.

The BT addresses can't be deleted and I believe the Yahoo one can't either.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 11

Hi Andy/Neil,

Thank you both for the reply. 

Neil I have already private messaged you please can you get someone to call me to clarify the situation and I have further private questions to ask. 

Andy this is what I also thought from reading on past threads but as you can see from my first post there was someone who had them removed how could this be possible I just want to know if it can be done or 100% cant?

thanks all I await your reply neil. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Hi @Anonymous, thanks for sending over your details, we'll be in touch later today or tomorrow with an update. I believe that a ticket was raised directly with Yahoo to get the alias removed on the thread that you've mentioned.  I can't make any promises just yet but it won't do any harm for us to ask them to do this for you.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

As the email addresses are simply aliases that point to your btinternet address, can I ask you think they should be deleted?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 11

Thank you very much Niel I will await your contact its not a problem for me if you can try and see what happens I will be great full but either way please can you contact me as I want to discuss this and to clarify something else in private. 

Liquorunce i want to remove this Alias because I have never asked for them to be on there in the first place if I wanted them then I would have asked for it. So simply put this email address I have had for over 20 years now I do not want anything to happen to it, I like to keep it organised and simple. thanks. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Fair enough, although I don't see a problem and they are possibly necessary for your account to operate. As the Btinternet and btopenworld addresses are completely interchangeable, BT need to be able to deliver any mail addressed to either to your inbox.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 11

that is fine if I have to keep the BTopenworld as a alias for the email to function no problem but does that mean I also need to keep the yahoo alias address also? 

of course I do not want to do something that will cause issues to my email address if they cant be removed then its fine I will clarify this with the mods once they contact me the whole point here is for me to keep using my email and not to cause it any issues as currently it is working perfectly but the alias are just bothering me that all it is. 

Neil please can you contact me before taking any action as I want to be sure that any action taken is not going to cause my email address issues in the future I need to be sure of this thanks. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

@Anonymous don't worry we won't do anything that will cause any issues with your email account. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings