Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashsarhaz93
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

@btinternet.com email address

Go to solution

Hi, I have an apple id using my old @btinternet.com email address - I stopped using apple a few years ago but now want to get a new iPhone, the problem is I cannot continue with this ID until I can access my old btinternet.com email address but when I try to log in I get a message saying this email address is not recognised.  Is it possible to resurrect an old btinternet.com email address as trying to change my apple ID looks to be a complete nightmare.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: @btinternet.com email address

Go to solution

@Ashsarhaz93 

Are you a current BT Broadband customer, or are you paying £7.50 a month for  BT Premium Mail?

If not, then your email address would have been deleted.

Ashsarhaz93
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution
Yes, I am a current BT Broadband customer & have been for years
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

@Ashsarhaz93 wrote:
Yes, I am a current BT Broadband customer & have been for years

How long ago did you last access the email address that you want to use?

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Suspended-or-Deleted-email-addresses/td-p/1840040

Ashsarhaz93
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Approx 2 years ago when I got rid of my old iPhone, only used that email address for that & facebook - the problem is the process to change my apple ID to a new email address is fraught with issues & problems that seem to generally cause more problems

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

@Ashsarhaz93 wrote:

Approx 2 years ago when I got rid of my old iPhone, only used that email address for that & facebook - the problem is the process to change my apple ID to a new email address is fraught with issues & problems that seem to generally cause more problems

Its almost certain its been deleted.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Suspended-or-Deleted-email-addresses/td-p/1840040

Ashsarhaz93
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for the link, this is less than ideal considering my wife still has access to hers & has been dormant for the same amount of time as mine, I will see if a mod picks up on this thread & can help but otherwise I will have to navigate the maze of Apple ID changing 😞

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

have you tried logging into using web mail instead of an app

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

If your account has been dormant for two years it will most probably have been deleted. As regards your wife's email account it will also no doubt be deleted in the near future unless she uses it at some point as per the link that has been posted in the thread.

If you are using the email addres as your Apple ID it should still allow access to Apple unless you need to verify anything via the BT email account in which case you will need to go through Apple's processes.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Creating a new Apple ID couldn't be easier, if you need help you can raise a support request online. I did it once a few years back and my phone rang about 10 minutes later, 5 minutes after that I hung up and I was a very satisfied bunny