cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

@btinternet.com problem with iPhone

Go to solution

I've got a weird problem that seems to have been happening since late last year.   I only noticed when people complained and I started to investigate.   I've had an iPhone for some years and have never had a problem up to now.

I can't seem to compose and/or reply to some individual email addresses.   Some seem to work fine.   At first I thought it was anything outside the btinternet/btopenworld domain, but it is across all platforms.   If I send or reply to an email, I get the whooshing sound of the message being sent, but its not in sent mail and I have confirmed that is not being received.

I've been through lots of "solutions" being suggested on line, none of with work (in some cases they're not even correct.

I've also deleted the account and started again

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: @btinternet.com problem with iPhone

Go to solution

I seem to have found a cure after experimenting - I installed Outlook and can now use my @btinternet.com email to send and reply to emails.   I can only assume that Apple have changed a setting within the mail app that is pre-installed as I discovered that my wife has the same problem.   As she always uses her iPad for email, she hadn't noticed the issue.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Glad you have a solution.

On your iPhone, settings. mail, tools, select, select smtp and check what is says.

should be as per https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin... 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Steve,

There is no option for tools under Mail.

Harry

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

You may find that to change various settings you have to go into the phone's Settings; then scroll down to Passwords & Accounts or on older devices Mail, Contacts, Calendars. From there select the BT email account and select the account where it is listed under IMAP.

You will find the details for the account and can change various settings there. I do not have an iPhone so I am unable to say it it will let you change the server settings.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Sorry, not tools but accounts.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the suggestions.   I've looked at the settings and they're as they should be.   I suspect something has changed on the Apple Mail App as I've never had problems in the years that I have used an iPhone until late last year.   To be honest, Outlook is a better mail client than the in-built Apple one.

Thanks anyway

Harry

0 Ratings