Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

btinternet e:mail stopped working

Hi!

My btinternet e:mail stopped working today - I've been using it for at least 7 years without issue so far.

I have checked my settings - they're all normal - when I went to reset my password, BT site couldn't find my username, so I couldn't reset my password.

I have been through the steps on the help forum to reset my password online, but it still doesn't work - I get an error message: Task 'pop3.btinternet.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) the server has rejected my username or password.

It's as if my e:mail account has been deleted.

I use outlook to get mail from this, and two other e:mail addresses - the others work fine. I've also synced them with my iPhone and had no issues for the past year - today the iPhone pops up a message saying my login is rejected, and I can't access my e:mails online either.

Any ideas?

Re: btinternet e:mail stopped working

edit:

I just had an idea what may have caused the problem - but no idea what to do about it!

Last night I tried to set up an ntlworld email on my iPhon, which didn't work - the virgin forums suggested trying an alternative smtp setting, saying it would still work - I did this using smtp.btinternet.com - it worked!

Today however, I can't access my btinternet e:mails, and also i can't send a test email from my ntlworld account on the iPhone.

Not sure if that would cause the problem, but it seems likely as that's all that's changed in the last 24 hours!

The btinternet account is my primary e:mail address, so it would be great if I can get it working again! thanks for any help or suggestions.

Distinguished Sage

If you use the forum search, you will find the answer.

See search results

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Aspiring Contributor

Did you ever resolve this issue? I have had the same problem - no email for over a week now. BT cannot find my user ID although I've had the email account for over 10 years. I have made no changes whatsoever to my computer or phone so there appears to be no reason for this. I would be interested to see if you have had any success resolving this issue?

Erm, not really, but kind of!

This morning as I was leaving for work, my iPhone made a swish noise, and the e:mails I had not been able to receive for the last 24 hours all poured in......?!?!

Set the btinternet account up on outlook again when I got home and.....all working again!

No rhyme or reason to it from my end, so I assume it was a server hiccup, I didn't do anything different today to what I did yesterday - sorry I can't shed any light on your problem.