Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
petersmith0151
Contributor
Message 1 of 20

btinternet email account email not reconised

Go to solution

i recently ordered bt phone and broadband, on the online form it gave me a bt email address, but it does not work it says no such email address, WHY IS THIS

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 20

Re: btinternet email account email not reconised

Go to solution
Your email address will not work until late in the day on which you have your broadband activated.
0 Ratings
petersmith0151
Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution
THANKS FOR THAT
0 Ratings
Clownfish
Beginner
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

Let us know when you get your email address working.

Had my infinity installed on Tuesday, and email address is still showing as not recognised. Customer service just said it can take a few days, so will be interested to see how quick a turnaround time they have for you.

Fingers crossed for you !

0 Ratings
OPMI
Beginner
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution
I have had Infinity installed on the 19th and still waiting for the email address to become active.
0 Ratings
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution
Give that you have waited a while I would email the moderators for assistance giving account and phone number and link back to this thread.

forum.moderation.team@bt.com
0 Ratings
OPMI
Beginner
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution
Just checked my email account after posting and surprise surprise, it is now up and running! I did have to raise a level 2 enquiry yesterday though.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

@Clownfish wrote:

Let us know when you get your email address working.

Had my infinity installed on Tuesday, and email address is still showing as not recognised. Customer service just said it can take a few days, so will be interested to see how quick a turnaround time they have for you.

Fingers crossed for you !

Hi.

Usually the email address should be available on the day of your installation date.

To prove that the email address hasn't been activated yet, go to http://mail.yahoo.com, enter your full BTinternet email address as the Yahoo! ID, and after entering the password if you get "This ID is not yet taken", then the email address is not activated. Any other message indicates a problem with the account (e.g. incorrect password)

0 Ratings
Clownfish
Beginner
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks for the replies.

Spent an hour on phone today to 4 different people, the last 3 being from a foreign call centre, finally left me in a queue for another helpdesk, which just after 5pm, told me that it was closed.

Have emailed the moderators as suggested. Email ID is showing as not being taken, so would think it just needs activated. You would think this was a simple thing to do !

Here's hoping the moderators can pass it onto someone that can fix it !

0 Ratings
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution
The mods will be able to fix it - just give them a little time - they have a lot to deal with.
0 Ratings