Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 25

Re: btinternet email doesn't work with MS Outlook 2013

Go to solution

This thread is over two years old. I suggest that you start your own thread giving as much information as possible about what your problem is including what operating system you are using along with what email system you are on. If you are not sure use this link

http://pbtcsc.bt.motive.com/login/?workflow=EmailChecker

0 Ratings
Andy_Chappell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 25

Go to solution

Thanks to all who replied - this problem has now been solved by correct use of buttons on the menu bar and correct settings suggested by community members.

0 Ratings
Hwalker1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 25

Go to solution

That looks as if it should work, but the "Log on using clear text authentication" item does not appear on the Outlook account set up pages.

Can you be more explicit on this, as I have done my best to set it to these?  - It works occasionally, sometimes even as long as an hour,  but never stays working, resulting in my mail being locked.

Been using Office Outlook since it was invented in the last century, but never had a problem until BT made changes around the 7th July.

@gg30340 wrote:

I use these settings without problem:

Email settings:

POP3

Server incoming and out going: mail.btinternet.com

Incoming mail server:

@Email user name: (prefix of email address without @btinternet.com)

Password: Your BT email password.

Log on using clear text authentication

Out Going Server in requires Authentication (Use same as incoming mail server)

Outgoing Port : 465 SSL security

Incoming Port : 995 SSL security

IMAP

Same as above except for Incoming Port: 993 SSL security

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Hwalker1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 25

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

This thread is over two years old. I suggest that you start your own thread giving as much information as possible about what your problem is including what operating system you are using along with what email system you are on. If you are not sure use this link

http://pbtcsc.bt.motive.com/login/?workflow=EmailChecker

====
Sorry but I have found that the the information on this linked page is either unclear or incorrect.
Oncve upon a time, all you had to do to set up Outlook on your BT mail was to click on a link and it was done for you. Why have they dropped this link and made things so difficult.

0 Ratings
Andy_Chappell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 25

Go to solution

I agree.   Once again, thanks to the BT Community for all suggestions - the original query is now two years old and was solved quite quickly and I have since upgraded to Outlook 2016 with no problems.

0 Ratings