cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alwaysannoyed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

btinternet rejecting our mailing list emails

We have a VPS using Mailman. It is properly configured  - DKIM, SPF etc. The mailing list is subscribed to by our members and sends only to our members.

Yet btinternet is rejecting our emails - 554 Message rejected policy (3.2.2.1) ID (5D6FBFEF1A288EA7) - Your message looks like SPAM or has been reported as SPAM

Our messages aren't spam. They are a running club's members sending emails to the membership. The email headers don't show any signs of spam. 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: btinternet rejecting our mailing list emails

Have you reported the problem to postmaster@btinternet.com ?

0 Ratings
alwaysannoyed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Yes but I've received no reply. Emailed them yesterday. This is a recurrent problem.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

They are not exactly speedy in replying, post back if you haven't heard from them in a few days.

gspearson
Expert
Message 5 of 10

I had trouble sending to a list of more than 50 addresses - BT blocks this.  I had to split the list.

Geoff

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 10

@gspearsonwrote:

I had trouble sending to a list of more than 50 addresses - BT blocks this.  I had to split the list.

Geoff

BTinternet has a limit of 49 recipients per email - however, this isn't anything to do with the OP's issue.

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 7 of 10

I thought that but wasn't sure.

0 Ratings
alwaysannoyed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Indeed! Anyway we only have 32 btinternet recipients and we aren't sending from btinternet in the first place!

0 Ratings
alwaysannoyed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Nothing from Postmaster yet, but they may have, as in the past, allowed emails to go through again without bothering to contact me. The last Mailman circulated email got through to btinternet.

I enabled my btinternet email account in Mailman and so can compare message sources from both my gmail and btinternet for the mailing list email. 

It sailed through gmail untroubled (and I know how effective gmail is at sorting spam). However I see the btinternet one is aggressively and erroneously marked by something called X-VadeSecure as a phishing attempt, labelling it 'suspect' but letting it through. The email in question is details of our Burns Supper evening with a last call for food orders. Nothing remotely phishy in it, as it will be haggis. 

0 Ratings
alwaysannoyed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Well Postmaster hasn't replied. Emails are still being rejected - some get through, some don't. I'll just advise any btinternet members to get a gmail account if they want guaranteed delivery. 

0 Ratings