cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pierre1
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

can not send email anymore??

Sorry your email could not be delivered due to content policy reasons. Please check your message content for URLs, content and subject matter that could be construed as Malware, Spam or Phishing before retrying. (6-1-3-1) ID (5ED99EC903EEEB3C) [Err code: 553]

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: can not send email anymore??

@pierre1wrote:

Sorry your email could not be delivered due to content policy reasons. Please check your message content for URLs, content and subject matter that could be construed as Malware, Spam or Phishing before retrying. (6-1-3-1) ID (5ED99EC903EEEB3C) [Err code: 553]

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Is the problem for every email you try to send, including to single recipients?

How are you trying to send emails, is it via an app or client or using webmail via a browser?

Has this just started and was fine previously?

0 Ratings
pierre1
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

I have been using yahoomail for years. I have just done the update to btwebmail 

I am using webmail via a browser (chrome)

Single recipient or multi will result in the same error message 553. With or without attachments. Same problem

It started yesterday at least 2 perhaps 3 weeks after the update

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 8

@pierre1wrote:

I have been using yahoomail for years. I have just done the update to btwebmail 

I am using webmail via a browser (chrome)

Single recipient or multi will result in the same error message 553. With or without attachments. Same problem

It started yesterday at least 2 perhaps 3 weeks after the update

This appears to be a fairly common issue when BTYahoo accounts are transferred to BTMail (you didn't update, "they" did).

See this post here :-

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Error-Code-553/m-p/2059074#M83643

BT moderators need to get this investigated, though I suspect BT are doing so - however, they may not be aware it's a common issue and as usual treat each similar case as if it's the first time they've seen it 🤔🙄

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 5 of 8

Hi @pierre1 welcome to the forum and sorry that you are having this error with your email. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you get this fixed.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 8

Hi @pierre1, I've called a couple of times but missed you. Can you reply on the private message I sent yesterday and I'll be happy to help?

0 Ratings
farst_eddy
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Yup - same problem for me very soon after this bt email 'upgrade'!!

Tried sending to different recipients on different email servers.

Tried with no URL's.

Total nonsense! (unless anyone can explain)

Please - why can't bt simply explain what is going on?

Can anybody help me?

Andy H

0 Ratings
Hampson1959
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Hi I'm having the same problem. It started today. No emails being sent due to spam and malware problems. How do I fix it?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings