cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JT76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

change primary email address

Hi. How can I change my primary email address to reflect a name change? I have had the same address for 5 yrs and since getting remarried I want to change it. HELP!!??!!
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: change primary email address

try contacting the mods for help  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JT76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Tried that several times over the last 14 months to no avail...last time was 28th Oct... So thought id try this way. Getting really frustrated now...looking at different supplier 😞
0 Ratings
JT76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Now I get some idiot from India calling me up saying I need to place a new order and he will transfer me through to the right department... And now I am on hold... For 10 mins and waiting...joke it is not!!!! :-@
0 Ratings
JT76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Then another person again from India....who doesnt know what I want then sales call back. HELP! How hard is it to help a customer....i dont need a new line or a new account I need a problem **bleep** resolving..... Looking for new accounts number for Sky as I type :-@
0 Ratings
ypt
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 13

Hi JT

Possibly not helpful, but you can have a number of sub email accounts - one could be in your new name - and leave the master account for messages from BT.

Michael

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

as you are a new forum member how did you contact the mods before?  If it was using the BT help then try the link to mods I provided as this is not the same as you have previously tried.  Try using the forum search facility for 'change primary address' and you will find others who have had success contacting the forum mods - not India help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JT76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Thats how I contacted them via a link from another similar post. Have gone through FB and twitter too. Waiting for a response via both!
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 9 of 13

Hi JT76

Sorry you've had a bit of trouble getting this sorted out.  It can be done easily enough.

I have had a look through our email system and can't see anything there from the address you registered on the forums with. 

Could you register a new sub account please with your correct name and I can then arrange for this to be promoted to your primary BT email address.

Drop me an email in using the contact form posted above and I'll get arranged for you.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

0 Ratings
JT76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Hi Craig,

Just submitted this (Your enquiry reference number: 111101-******) with the correct email address. Please advise when this is done so that I can amend my mobile settings etc accordingly.

0 Ratings